“Great Sunday lunch”
Review of The Living Room - CLOSED

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: New Town
Cross street: North Castle Street
Transit: Rail: Edinburgh Waverley or Haymarket
Description: No expense has been spared on Edinburgh���s Living Room restaurant, one of a clutch of popular style bars lining George Street. The d��cor has been described as "Manhattan loft with a colonial twist���, a pretty fair description of the chic, upbeat, welcoming atmosphere at The Living Room. There���s a lot of stylish wood, substantial brown leather armchairs, potted plants and sophisticated lighting. A slick entrance bar, brought alive most evenings by one of a superb roster of resident jazz pianist performing on a white baby grand, leads to a cavernous dining space where the balance between comfort and style is reflected in The Living Room's modern European menu. It ranges from snacks, salads and roasts (Sundays only) to comfort food classics and more ambitious pasta, grill and seafood dishes. Edinburgh diners love the international wine list and the sexy cocktails and absolutely everyone praises the service to the skies.
Slough, England, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had Sunday lunch at the Living Room and went for their roast special. I had the roast beef which was cooked to perfection (nice and rare) and my wife had the chicken which was moist and freshly cooked. Can't speak highly enough about the quality of the food and the service. Thoroughly recommended if you find yourself in Edinburgh looking for a great Sunday roast.

Visited October 2013
livingroom99, Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your Sunday lunch,

Hope to see you again !

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“New menu not as good as before”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Having visited most Livingrooms in the UK this is undoubtedly one of the biggest and the best however more recently the menu has been changed and isn't as good as it used to be.

Visited September 2013
livingroom99, Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Good Afternoon Will,

Thanks for the review and we hope that you had a nice meal! We are launching our new menu this Tuesday the 29th of October 2013 and we have some of our favorites making a return including our Beef and Ale Pie!

Hope to see you soon !

Burntisland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night out”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good venue for a night out. Wasnt too busy and the music was good. Will definetly be back in the future

Visited September 2013
Hi Stuart,

Glad you had a nice evening and we appreciate the comments :)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never go back”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went for my friend's birthday and was disappointed from start to finish. Four of us came in together and it took ages before someone came to take our drinks order. Party was a set menu and my friend wasn't allowed to order anything off the main menu for some reason. Waiter was a bit cocky and too informal for such an "upper class place". Ludicrously expensive for what we got and the scampi croquettes came in brown paper bags. Not cute or quaint just disappointing. Left with a huge hole in my pocket and the temptation of a Miccky Ds on the way home. If it weren't for my friends birthday, we would have walked out in the first 5 minutes.

I like to feel that when I have had a good meal I won't have to eat for days this wasn't the case. Believe me I've been to cheaper places and had better meals and better service.

Avoid. And no I would not like to discuss this further by telephoning you. I have said all I need to say and nothing would tempt me into going back.

P.s. you might want to clean the skylight it's getting a bit grubby.

• Visited October 2013
Schilde, België
“popular and nice”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The menu is not that big, but sufficient to choose something nice. There are also nice and popular wines to choose from. Service is friendly and fast. Atmosphere is cosy, the guests are a interesting mixture of business and private people. A nice place to come back to.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you back again soon !

The Living room