“Excellent Staff”
Review of The Living Room - CLOSED

The Living Room
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: New Town
Cross street: North Castle Street
Transit: Rail: Edinburgh Waverley or Haymarket
Description: No expense has been spared on Edinburgh���s Living Room restaurant, one of a clutch of popular style bars lining George Street. The d��cor has been described as "Manhattan loft with a colonial twist���, a pretty fair description of the chic, upbeat, welcoming atmosphere at The Living Room. There���s a lot of stylish wood, substantial brown leather armchairs, potted plants and sophisticated lighting. A slick entrance bar, brought alive most evenings by one of a superb roster of resident jazz pianist performing on a white baby grand, leads to a cavernous dining space where the balance between comfort and style is reflected in The Living Room's modern European menu. It ranges from snacks, salads and roasts (Sundays only) to comfort food classics and more ambitious pasta, grill and seafood dishes. Edinburgh diners love the international wine list and the sexy cocktails and absolutely everyone praises the service to the skies.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had an evening out with friends here on Wednesday 4th September. The food was good and the staff were excellent. The guy who did the 'meet & greet' was genuinely warm and friendly. The waiting staff were professional, attentive and cheerful. The food was tasty and well presented. Three of us had the Goan Curry, it was full of flavour and very authentic. The manager must be delighted with the quality of the staff, they are a credit to the business.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently, where i was meeting four friends for lunch and a chat. I picked one of the 2 course 'specials' for my lunch and had Thai Fish Cakes followed by pork fillet with some vegetables. I found the service to be good, not overbearing and the waiting staff were friendly. We spent an enjoyable afternoon eating and drinking and I felt quite relaxed throughout lunch. However, and this is why I've given the overall mark I have, The ladies toilets were mainly blocked - only 1 was functioning and I ended up using the disabled toilet. Considering there is a separate bar in this establishment, I would have expected the ladies room to be closed temporarily to facilitate the unblocking of the ladies' toilets before people came in for a drink or meal after work!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a really great evening in this buzzing little place. The food, especially the tempura prawns were great but it is the really the great staff that made it. We found the room a little too hot and the air con wasn't working or effective - so after the meal the staff ushered us to a table in the bar, near to the door, with a reserved tag on it, despite other people standing......really grateful guys.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

On Tuesday the 27th aug I proposed to my girlfriend in Edinburgh and she accepted. We decided to go for a spot of lunch at the living room. The staff overheard our good news and did everything they could to make the day special. Strawberries, cocktails were brought to us and we really appreciated this gesture. We have eaten in the living room in Manchester and the food, as we expected, was really lovely. It was the brilliant staff that made our experience- in particular the barman and bar manager (we think) and both fellas made sure of a lovely experience. Top stuff!

1  Thank Edwardrouge
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited this place a few times and never had a duff meal. Our latest lunch was Had a super lunch. Starter was beef short rib - superb, goan chicken curry and okra - very authentic. Wwill return again.

1  Thank davidmcl