“Amazing apple pie martini”
Review of The Living Room - CLOSED

The Living Room
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: New Town
Cross street: North Castle Street
Transit: Rail: Edinburgh Waverley or Haymarket
Description: No expense has been spared on Edinburgh���s Living Room restaurant, one of a clutch of popular style bars lining George Street. The d��cor has been described as "Manhattan loft with a colonial twist���, a pretty fair description of the chic, upbeat, welcoming atmosphere at The Living Room. There���s a lot of stylish wood, substantial brown leather armchairs, potted plants and sophisticated lighting. A slick entrance bar, brought alive most evenings by one of a superb roster of resident jazz pianist performing on a white baby grand, leads to a cavernous dining space where the balance between comfort and style is reflected in The Living Room's modern European menu. It ranges from snacks, salads and roasts (Sundays only) to comfort food classics and more ambitious pasta, grill and seafood dishes. Edinburgh diners love the international wine list and the sexy cocktails and absolutely everyone praises the service to the skies.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I would firstly like to say that the apple pie martinis here are amazing! Out of this world delciious!

The food is very nice, served promptly and presented well. Everything we tried tasted very nice indeed.

The staff are polite but could be a bit friendlier. The restaurant has a slight air of snootiness about it where I think they want very wealthy people to eat there but get a lot of passing trade from shoppers instead.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We decided to visit the Living Room as our hotel was right down the road and we were so glad we did. The cocktail menu was incredible! Such variety and while I ordered from the fabulous wine list I tasted my friends cocktails and they were divine. What I really loved however was the food. So incredibly tasty and fresh. I thought that it was worth every cent paid. I can't comment on some of the other reviews about portion sizes changing given it was my only visit to this restaurant but they seemed appropriately portioned to me. Of particular note was the service. I thought every single employee was professional and went out of their way to make our visit as enjoyable as possible. Definitely worth visiting if you want a delicious meal and a fabulous cocktail.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We sat outside on the street and watched the world go by for an hour or so with some fantastic cocktails. I am the manager of a Cocktail Bar so I was a bit fussy with mine but they were made and served perfectly.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We dropped in for a few cocktails and stayed for dinner. I had a cocktail masterclass here years ago and ever since, if I am in Edinburgh I make a point of going in for a cocktail. I had recently tried a brand of rum but couldnt see any recipes using it so i was talking to the bartender and he asked what kind of drinks I like then he made me a cockatil using the rum which was out of this world! we both had the pesto chicken burger which was delicious if a little pricey. Would recommend a visit to anyone.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Couldn't disagree with the reviews below anymore! 'Glasgow version better', erm have you been there?! The staff are polite, with excellent and training standards to match. Management team are overwhelming at there jobs and a true restaurateur at the helm. Food has been great for years........