“Brilliant authentic mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mariachi

Mariachi
Ranked #92 of 2,446 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Old Town
Warrington
“Brilliant authentic mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Absolutely could not fault the food we had at Mariachi. Chilli beef nachos to start were incredible (we went for the serve one option and this was still HUGE, incredibly generous and big enough to share) as were the fajitas and burrito me and my boyfriend had. Chicken/steak combo for fajitas served on sizzling hot plate with amazing sauce and garnish, so tasty! Service could have been a little better, waiters could work on being a little more attentive however food outshone this. Superb mojito too! Definitely will be back next time we visit Edinburgh!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Mexican in edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had not been to mariachis for a good few years but visited in December 2012. There was a lot less on the menu that I remember however I think this is a good thing as they got what they did have on the menu spot on. The menu was varied and all the meals we ordered were very tasty. In our group we got a mix of chimichangas, fajitas and burgers. All were great portions, hot and cooked fresh. The nachos to start were also amazing...I will not be leaving it so long next time. The service was just average not bad but nothing stood out to comment on.

• Visited December 2012
“Great for Gluten Free & Super Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Visited this restaurant the week before Christmas 2012 whilst on holiday in Edinburgh. On arrival we were provided with a large bottle of still water & a cone full of tortilla chips with salsa dip. This was complimentary which I thought was a really nice touch.

Being intollerant to gluten is no problem here, there is plenty to choose from as they have corn tacos - both soft and crispy varieties. I had the soft tacos with chicken and got a huge plate with 2 soft tacos piled high with chicken, onion, rice, refried beans etc. There was enough chicken etc on the two tacos to cater for more soft tacos.. we asked the waiter for more and he provided more free of charge - great service once again!

My boyfriend had the fajitas which were really nice too. They came with a sizzling load of chicken, onion and peppers along with cheese, salsa, sour cream etc.

The service was good as was the atmosphere and if we were to visit Edinburgh again (which we definitely will!) I would definitely like to go back here.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Amazing chilli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Efficient service and the kitchen was open quite late; we didn't get there until 10pm and they were still serving food. The chilli was absolutely delicious so if you're into chilli definitely get it.

• Visited January 2013
South Shields, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant atmosphere and wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've Had two trips to Edinburgh in the last year or so and each time I have to visit this restaurant!
On the first occasion we popped in on a busy Saturday night thinking we were taking a long shot at getting a table. But the staff could have not been more accommodating and got us seated within minutes, despite it being very busy.
On the second occasion it was my partners birthday so my uncle and I emailed the restuarant to see if we could organise a little suprise for him.
We recieved a speedy reply advising they could organise a cake (for a small fee) with his name on. Or the other option was to go all out with music, sombrero, cake and candles.
We opted for the more subtle option of cake and candles only and it was beautiful! Personalised, delicious and such a generous size that the 4 of us could not eat it all and had to take the rest home! Also they gave us complimentary tequila shots (which did not go down as well as the cake!).

The only critisism i have about the restuarant is the location of the toilets. They are quite a hike to get to and would not be convenient for anyone with walking difficulties.

The food was beautiful and we all enjoyed our meals. (Don't visit without endulging in the nacho's, one plate will easily feed 2)

But I feel I must give my biggest compliments to the staff. They are friendly, polite and accommodating. They really made our night go off perfectly.

I'll definately be visiting again next time I'm in Edinburgh.

• Visited October 2012