“unusual meats galore!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“unusual meats galore!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

myself and my girlfriend visited using a voucher for 2 courses.the menus give you all the ingredients to make dishes and allow for you to add your own twist to a dish,which i chose to do,and was not dissappointed.we tried camel,sprinbok,ostrich and kangaroo and were very tasty,although the camel was a bit chewy it still tasted nice.service was very good and the puddings were good too.the price was reasonable as you can fit alot of food into your bowls,if paying full price it might be worth remembering you can go back and fill your bowl many times and not try to fit everything in at once!

perth
“Not The Same”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been at Khubla Khans before always great .But it is under new Management and is just not the same if you have never been before great but When you are told to put your salad in the bowl with raw meat to be cook along side it that is wrong and despite asking the waiter he kept saying all food in one bowl unless you pay extra £10 to get unlimited food .We ending up getting another bowl for salad although did not have to pay for it was not happy. for something different give it a go but for me might not go back.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“If you dont like the taste of your food its your own fault! (In a good way!0”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a three course meal at Khublai Khans and it was fantastic. For starters many of our group had the Kangaroo haggis with neeps and tatties in a burnt whisky sauce which tasted great, i could have ate another plate of it. You create your own main courses by selecting ingredients (including meats like camel, zebra and venison) from a large, varied table, you then take the bowl to be cooked at the counter and it is then brought to you. There are suggested recipes but most people in our group decided that a DIY approach was more interesting, i certainly loved the experience and would recommend Khublai Khans to anyone including tourists who can get a bus from the city centre to almost outside the door.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AlecCanwell
Not here
“So that's what satisfaction feels like.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant has encouraged me to quit my minimum wage job and move up the corporate ladder, so that I can eat there for every meal. I can't fault a single thing with this restaurant. I love the ethos and I was so satisfied at the end of the meal that tears came to my eyes. I'm sure Tulga and Anna would have brought me plenty of tissues, because they were very helpful and friendly as were all the other staff, but I unfortunately didn't learn their names. I am sure I will learn them in the future though, as I will be back as soon as I possibly can!

Edinburgh
“awesome place”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been in this restaurant few times and I loved every single experience :) The food is yummy and I love the fact you can experiment with various meets spices and flavours. The staff is always very warm and helpful. I totally recomend it.

• Visited December 2012
Khublai K, Owner at Khublai Khans, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for review and we are glad you enjoyed your many dining experiences with us! That’s the great part about Khublai khans, where else can you try different meats with different recipes all in the one evening!
We hope you return again to repeat your experience with us.
Maciej