“Thanks Trip Advisor”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to this restaurant based on the review on Trip Advisor and it was we worth the visit
Food and service all excellent
Must try the Calzone desert

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Gusto's is one of those all-rounder restaurants with great customer service. On two occasions I've created an awkward reservation and they've bent over backwards to accommodate myself and my party - even once re-arranging their table plan to ensure my last minute booking of 11 people on Black Friday could be achieved.

It has a great number of options on the menu and, certainly those I have chosen, taste like they've been thoughtfully prepared. I highly recommend their risottos.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I don't do chain restaurants for dinner and Gusto is a chain restaurant, albeit a small chain but it is an exception. Over the last couple of years I have found myself making reasons to re-visit and actually joined their Diners Club which gives perks to regular diners. Why am I reviewing now? We someone gave me Gusto vouchers for Christmas and I realised that though I constantly say "I don't do chains" others realised I was in denial about Gusto. Service is always friendly and efficient even when busy. It IS noisy but I call it bustle!"
The menu changes a couple of times a year and the food is always tasty and a bit different from the pizza/pasta places around ( they do some really different pizza'pasta though). For the style of restaurant and the varied menu, prices are not much different from the more basic pizza places in the city and if you are a diners club member or when they have off season deals, this value increases even more.
So, if like me you don't like chain Italian pizza places, try this chain restaurant for an exception to the rule.

1  Thank ianEdinburgh
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We booked a table at Gusto after a friend recommended it. The restaurant was packed and had a great atmosphere. The menu had a good selection and not too expensive. All the staff were polite and friendly. Definitely worth a visit but book ahead as it's always busy.

2  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a tues and fri evening. Booking is advisable, as it is very popular. The portion sizes are very generous and they have a wide range of choices. My favourite so far was the carnivore pizza. There's an extensive wine and cocktail list too. Overall, a great night out.