“Not just another chain restaurant”

Gusto Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #217 of 2,446 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: New Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not just another chain restaurant”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I don't do chain restaurants for dinner and Gusto is a chain restaurant, albeit a small chain but it is an exception. Over the last couple of years I have found myself making reasons to re-visit and actually joined their Diners Club which gives perks to regular diners. Why am I reviewing now? We someone gave me Gusto vouchers for Christmas and I realised that though I constantly say "I don't do chains" others realised I was in denial about Gusto. Service is always friendly and efficient even when busy. It IS noisy but I call it bustle!"
The menu changes a couple of times a year and the food is always tasty and a bit different from the pizza/pasta places around ( they do some really different pizza'pasta though). For the style of restaurant and the varied menu, prices are not much different from the more basic pizza places in the city and if you are a diners club member or when they have off season deals, this value increases even more.
So, if like me you don't like chain Italian pizza places, try this chain restaurant for an exception to the rule.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ianEdinburgh

• Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Bustling Restaurant.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We booked a table at Gusto after a friend recommended it. The restaurant was packed and had a great atmosphere. The menu had a good selection and not too expensive. All the staff were polite and friendly. Definitely worth a visit but book ahead as it's always busy.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jamie C
Kirkcaldy
“Great itallian food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a tues and fri evening. Booking is advisable, as it is very popular. The portion sizes are very generous and they have a wide range of choices. My favourite so far was the carnivore pizza. There's an extensive wine and cocktail list too. Overall, a great night out.

UK
“Lunch deal”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place gets very busy on a weekday lunch and Friday evenings . The lunch deal is one main plus a beer or wine or soft drink , not the usual two courses , but the place has a buzz about it and the food is good .Its worth a visit if you are in the area

Visited January 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Book!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ate here on Saturday night with my husband. Its fantastic food, staff were fast and attentive. We arrived about 8.30 on the off chance, we could see it was busy but the manager told us to come back about 9.30ish and he would have a table, which we had no complaints as we just went next door for a few drinks. Dont complain if you can see its busy!! We came back and were shown to a table straight away. Well worth the wait, compliments to the manager and staff!! Recommend this place to anyone visting Edinburgh!! My only advise would be to book ahead to get a table, quite popular!!

• Visited January 2013