“Great Fresh Seafood”

Ranked #56 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This came recommended from our butler and it was well worth it. We enjoyed all that the sea had to offer. Lobster, Scallops, Hallack, and shrimp. Even the steak was great. It is a little pricy, but worth the cost. Make a reservation as it is a popular place.

There are newer reviews for Fishers

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Our hotel (The Chester Residence) managed to get us into this restaurant at the last mintute, despite it being short notice on one of Edinburgh's busiest weekends at Christmas. It took about 20 mins in a taxi from Edinburgh city centre, but boy was it worth it!! The place is really quaint and has a lovely atmosphere with great staff. And as for the food- well we have both never had such fresh, tasty seafood! We shared fish cakes for a starter (you have GOT to try these- by far the best fish cakes I've ever had) and then I had the salmon and mum had the seabass. Both were so tasty and fresh, and a really good sized portion. The beetroot gnocchi that accompanied my salmon were stunning. All were served by really lovey, friendly staff.
Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We found ourselves in Leith on a Sunday evening and popped in on the off chance they could fit us in. They could and what a lovely meal we had. The menu is, as you would expect, fish centric, although other choices were available.

I had a very tasty hake followed by the cheese board. And there were no complaints from me. My friends also enjoyed their various selections, and there was a particular thumbs up for the fishcakes.

All in all a very pleasant meal that just tiptoes into being excellent.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had not booked but were staying in Leith and the menu looked good. So we took a chance and were lucky enough to get the last two places set at the bar. The bistro is small and intimate - sitting at the bar to eat was a new but very pleasant experience. There was plenty of space and we never felt like we were intruding on the bar staffs personal area! As a starter I had the salsify fritters which were basically excellent spicy bhajees. This was both a good and a bad thing - they were probably the best bhajees I have ever had BUT the spices completely masked the delicate flavour of the salsify so that they could have been filled with anything. My partner had a pancake roll filled with stir fried vegetables and crab - he was very happy! My main course was hake with chargrilled spring onions, mussels and saffron sauce - this was really delicious, the fish perfectly cooked, the mussels plump and tasty, a real winner. Keith had the halibut with butter beans and hot smoked salmon. He said the whole thing was amazing and the halibut was maybe the best he'd ever had! Service was friendly and relaxed and prices were as you might expect for food of this quality. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Weather was cold and wet, but the atmosphere in the restaurant was very warm and welcoming, starter and main courses excellent, I had fish cakes and triple fried chips, superb, and my wife had a fantastic halibut main. Not our first visit, and not our last.