“Birthday celebration”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As we always do in edinburgh we always dine at wedgwood and recently visited our favourite restaurant for my wifes 40th birthday as always service,food,drink and atmosphere was first class thanks for great night and see you when we visit again!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are here our last night in Edinburgh and it was a great meal. We both enjoyed the tasting menu. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic food with some really interesting and unusual combinations. The atmopshere was relaxed and friendly and it was the perfect place for our special family celebration. A special thank you to Niamh for providing such excellent service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my wife to The Wedgwood on Sat 21st Sept and couldn't be happier with our experience!
We were welcomed by friendly attentive staff and our main server (Sarah) was with us before we'd even sat down. My wife is vegetarian and Sarah's knowledge of the menu and what drinks would compliment the dishes helped her decide what to have.
The food itself was absolutely exceptional! My wife had the Mull of Kintyre bread and butter pudding, followed by gnocchi and sticky toffee pudding. I had the scallops in a Korma sauce (stunning taste and presentation!) followed by venison and chocolate delice. I can't compliment the food enough and I know my wife was very impressed by the choices she had as well. My only very minor criticism....being a big guy I thought the portion sizes could have been slightly bigger without spoiling the aesthetics of the plate!
That said we both thoroughly enjoyed our evening in what was a delightful environment with excellent staff. If I could give it 6 stars I would and we will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came across this restaurant by accident, noticed it was a Michelin starred one and thought we would give it a try for evening meal.

Straight away from the welcome we had to the end of the night was nothing short of fantastic!. I had wood pigeon to start and it was delicious, tender and perfectly cooked, my husband had scallops - again perfectly cooked. My main was lamb which was cooked to perfection and tasted devine, my husband had rump steak that was to die for!

The experience from start to finish was nothing short of perfect, the staff couldnt do enough for you, the service was second to none and all in all a perfect night. I literally could not fault one thing. Thank you Wedgewood for the perfect meal experience!!

Date of visit: August 2019