“Great value for set-lunch”

Wedgwood The Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I decided to dine at Wedgwood after reading numerous great reviews about it on TripAdvisor.

As it was off-peak season during my trip to Edinburgh last month, the restaurant wasn't at it's full capacity on a Friday afternoon though I did notice that many people made reservation to dine here.

Prior to my three-course set lunch, I enjoyed the oven baked ciabatta with smoked garlic and herb oil (I believe there was an additional charge for the ciabatta).

As mentioned by other reviewers, the three-course set lunch was a steal at only GBP16.
I opted for the following items:
- Crab and shrimp risotto, parmesan tuile
- Venison meatballs, apple and coriander couscous, yoghurt
- Hazelnut and blue cheese cake, spiced poached pear

Amongst the three items, I thought the starter was excellent and the dessert was interesting.

I'm not a blue cheese fan... but the hazelnut and spiced poached pear was a nice combination with the blue cheese and so I was glad that I opted for an item that I would usually avoid.

The service was great and I was even given recommendation on other restaurants to dine when they found out that I was just visiting Edinburgh for 2 days.

1  Thank CelineT17
There are newer reviews for Wedgwood The Restaurant

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lovely cosy place for dinner. Went there early (6.30pm) so had the whole restaurant to ourselves! Still, service was attentive but not overbearing. We had the lobster creme brulee and duck confit for starters and the beef fillet and lamb loin for mains. Really enjoyable food. Overall paid 80 pounds for the two of us.

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here for an anniversary dinner a few months back and thoroughly enjoyed the whole dining experience. Everything from the service to the wine was brilliant. I'd definitely recommend the Roe Deer main, it was absolutely beautiful. My girlfriend got the pigeon breast, which was also lovely. I've tried to return a couple of times since, but I keep leaving it too late, so I'd recommend people to book early. I'll certainly be back!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ate here on the 10th March after reading a review. We were in the downstairs dining area and like a previous diner I would have felt better upstairs at street level. The waitress was superb and explained the menu expertly. I had a starter of confit of duck potato cake which I thought needed more seasoning followed by pork which was superb and rounded off with a desert of honey roast parsnip Cree broule which I'm still not sure if I liked it or not but it was different. My wife had scallops followed by lamb in her words divine. This with some super wine and absolutely great service made for a great evening. We will be back next time in Edinburgh

1  Thank Ron N
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying close by and the weather was chilly so we decided not to wander far to eat. We had seen this restaurant the day before so thought we would give it a try. Very glad we did and we were lucky to get a table as hadn't booked. Our table was downstairs. The room was very comfortable and nicely lit but I think that we would ask for a street level one next time......More of a buzz!. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. The food was amazing taste wise and presentation. My husband had aubergine and mushroom to start followed by salmon and I had lamb. All excellent. No room for puddings but they sounded delicious. We were given a 'palate cleanser" of cherry sorbet and ginger beer! Fab. Very good wine list too.
Do try this restaurant but advise you book. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.