“A Little Gem”

Amicus Apple
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: A modern social rendezvous best describes the buzzy, relaxed atmosphere at the newly refurbished Amicus Apple. The interior pays homage to all things 'stylishly natural'- from iridescent metals to reclaimed parquet flooring to delicate crystal bulbs.Head Chef, Alistair Wallace, previously of Ricks has marched Amicus proudly British on the culinary front - creating an eclectic brasserie style menu.Under the watchful eye of Operations Manager Chris Baldwin, the Amicus cocktail offering has taken a molecular twist for the better. Home-made sherbets, home infused spirits, edible cocktails, punches, foams and blocks of ice add some Amicus style magic to cocktail making and shaking.All in all, the new Amicus Apple is a sensory delight that has to be tried to be fully appreciated
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Came in here really to escape the rain but ended up having lunch. A good selection of food was on offer, starters, sandwiches, main course specials and vegetarian options too. Attentive but not overbearing staff provided good service. Draught beers, cocktails, soft drinks, tea and coffee were all available. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Ross O, General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to both visit and review Amicus Apple.

We pride ourselves on offering the widest possible range of products both from the bar and kitchen respectively, as well as doing our up most to ensure our price range is competitive and at great value for our customers.

I am delighted this was reflected in your recent visit, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Kindest regards

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Discovered this gem of a place right in the centre of Edinburgh. I went in for lunch with a friend and it far exceeded our expectations....lovely food at competitive prices, very attentive staff.I had the chicken chili with lime flatbread and my friend had a burger. Both meals were excellent and we loved the quirky containers for the cutlery and condiments. Liked the decor and believe it has recently been refurbished. There are nice quiet areas if you want to chat but the bar area if you want to be part of the crowd. Pleasantly surpised by the bill after years of paying inflated Aberdeen prices.
Enjoyed it so much, I returned at the weekend with a girlfriend for a quick drink before heading to party. Opted for a couple of small dishes to stave off the hunger until our meal later and they just hit the spot. Again great value. Now one of my favourite spots in the capital

1  Thank Susan R

Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Amicus Apple.

It was with great delight to read your positive review, and warms our hearts to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much you decided to return shortly after your first visit.

Here's hoping it's the first of many, we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped here on a warm sunny day, managed to get a table outside which had a great view of the castle, a down side the this- the smokers. We had lunch and cocktails both of which were very nice, tasty food and delicious cocktails a treat for a Saturday afternoon.

1  Thank Jayne D
Ross O, General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for finding the time to review Amicus Apple and of course for your custom on what I hope was an enjoyable day for you and the rest of your party.

We pride ourselves on our fantastic views from our highly sought after outside seating area particularly on a warm sunny day as indicated in your review. It fills me with great delight to hear that you have enjoyed our food and drink offerings and truly hope you will join us once again in the near future. I must apologise your experience was somewhat hampered any patron's who were smoking within the confines of our outside seating area, however this is the only allocation we can provide for guests of ours to enjoy a cigarette without liaising with the busy urban walkway directly at the front of our premises.

Once again, I am delighted that your review was a positive one and we look forward to seeing you in the near future

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited this place while shopping in Edinburgh with my friends. We went in and you could feel the Saturday atmosphere people drinking, chatting and having fun. We where quite hungry and exhausted while walking around the city , thankfully we got seated straight away as we entered the bar.
As it was after 17:00 you could not get any sandwiches which is understandable so we ordered from the menu which had reasonable choise, my friend ordered the Fish and Chips, her sister ordered the burger but because I was not wanting anything big ordered the prawns and salad as recommended from one of the waitresses , my friends loved the food but I did not enjoyed the house salad with green leaves, loads of onions and maybe 5 tomatoes in it and after that pay 16 paunds for my meal which was not worth the money at all , the service was good , efficient and welcoming , wont come back for food but for cocktail only .

Ross O, General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for firstly coming to visit us here at Amicus Apple. Secondly, thank you very much for taking the time to review our unit here on TripAdvisor, as means such as these are an extremely beneficial way for my management team and I to obtain both truthful and valuable feedback regarding our performance.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed our cocktails, something which Amicus Apple has always been renowned for and famous across the city. Since our recent refurbishment at the beginning of July, we have endeavored to improve the quality of our food offering in terms of quality, choice and of course value for money as I am sure those familiar to Edinburgh will agree with given our location close to Edinburgh's most highly reputed venue's. Taking this into consideration, it is obviously to my disappointment that I hear you felt somewhat short changed. Moving forward, I have discussed the said dishes with our Head Chef to ensure portion control is managed and reviewed in reference to your review. You have indicated within your review that you had a house salad and the King Prawns, can I please confirm with you the item which made your bill up to the sixteen pounds indicated, as these dishes do not amount to the total.

I am truly delighted that you have indicated you would gladly be willing to try us again to enjoy one of our infamous cocktails, however I really hope that you also would be willing to give us another try to enjoy our food offering and witness first hand that we take every customers feedback extremely seriously and first hand

Amicus Apple

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food and welcome here is great; the staff are all really friendly and helpful. The choice of food is very good indeed and the presentation is first class. Everything was fresh and service very quick and at a good value price. i recommend this as a great meeting place or lunchtime treat. restaurant really nice too. wifi great and no fuss to connect which is fantastic and quick.

3  Thank theepilgrim

Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Amicus Apple and of course for visiting us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and assure you that your next visit will be just as enjoyable if not more.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon