“great service”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: WHISKI Bar & Restaurant is a multi award winning venue specilaising in fresh local Scottish produce. Award winning whisky range of over 300 whiskies and delicious fresh food is on offer all day. Add in LIVE Scottish musics every Night - FREE and you have the "ultimate Scottish experience".
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Turned up at ten minutes notice yesterday afternoon with a group of 20 Spanish visitors and experienced excellent food, ambiance, and service. The Spanish people were very impressed.

2  Thank weegie56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I must said this is certainly a good choice for a taste of Scottish food. Ordered Mussels in Thistly Cross Cider, Handmade 100% Scottish Beef Burger, and a soup - all the dishes are just as delicious. Also enjoyed soaking in the English pub environment over lunch.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Whiski became our favorite hangout during our 5 days in Edinburgh. Having just gotten into our hotel room at dinner time our first night, we wondered where we should go for dinner. And then I happened to glance out our window and there was the welcoming sign of Whiski directly across the street. It was everything we expected it to be - lively, friendly, good food, really nice broad selection of whisky and great bartenders. We immediately became regulars - twice for dinner, twice for lunch, and always for a late afternoon pick me up, and a nightcap. And special thanks to the alert waitress and bartender who noticed that my husband left his cell phone on the table and had it there waiting for him when he went back an hour later. Wish we could take this place home with us!

2  Thank Carol B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A really nice restaurant with plenty of atmosphere. I had the haggis, neeps and tatties and it was delicious. It would have been nice if the portions were a bit bigger though. The sticky toffee pudding is amazing! I would go back for this alone!!

I've seen a lot of comments about the service being poor. I didn't find this to be the case. Staff were friendly and service was prompt.

A tad overpriced for the portion sizes, but still really good.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Located on the Royal Mile, this was a nice place to stop in for a drink and dinner. I tried the Haggis Stack and the Cullen Skink (smoked haddock & potato soup). My husband had the fish & chips. For dessert I had the Cranachan (a traditional Scottish dessert made from a mixture of whipped cream, whiskey, honey, fresh raspberries with toasted oatmeal) and Stickey Toffee Pudding (moist sponge cake with finely chopped dates, covered in a toffee sauce and served with ice cream). The drinks were very small and not worth what we paid for them.