“Yummy Food”

Neighborhood: Old Town
La Mesa, California
“Yummy Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on a recent visit to Edinburgh. We were not disappointed! We were greeted by very friendly staff and great conversation. The food was wonderful! This place has very reasonable prices with yummy food to match. My husband loved the Treacle and Date pudding and kept talking about it throughout our trip. The staff is very entertaining as well as making fine recommendations for drinks and food. This is a must do restaurant!! I highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Lochwinnoch, United Kingdom
“Mums the word”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived in Edinburgh Ayr lunch time looking circa place to eat. Looks like a big standard cafe. Went in and got a great welcome from Naishi the manageress. Ordered sausages and they were delish as well as being organic. Very reasonable price too. Went there for breakfast the next morning and had a full English. Cooked to perfection, not greasy and all the ingredients again were free range. Great place highly recommend it and will be back. Also liked the music being played.

1 Thank Joanmacleod
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
“A memorable meal, with great service”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited the restaurant with our two daughters whilst on a weekend break in Edinburgh. We had read some reviews, but were completely taken aback by the décor and greeting. You have to be lucky to get a table as it is quite small, but very intimate, and unlike any other eating experience. The staff were very funny, and took time to entertain our girls and recommended different sausages for us to taste. The food is wonderful, with plenty of special sausages on offer - take the opportunity to mix and match your sausages! It is well worth a visit, even if you don't like sausages (like my daughter) as there are lots of other foods on offer.

• Visited October 2013
Lochwinnoch
“No escape - but then, why?”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We had just driven a fair distance, found a car park and booked into our hotel. We were fair knackered in the local vernacular. So we entered this place tentatively looking to see if we could get a palatable lunch even though it was nearly 1500h. Before we had a chance to get our wits together a commanding lady voice told us "Sit down there! We'll get to you in a minute! Just read the card (menu)!" So we did and instantly decided to stay. Our orders were, in fact, taken very quickly. My wife wanted sausages and mash. "What kind if sausage? There are three types, you know. And, if you want two sausages, you can make them different to see what you like best." This turned out to be a winning formula especially when accompanied by a draught real ale. My choice was a lamb and mint burger with bits. That set me up for the rest of day. Naisha, the lady who supervised the proceedings, was amazing in both getting us (and all the other diners) settled. The waiter (didn't get his name) was great as well and managed to coax a dance out of my wife (at lunchtime?) that she loved. I had a lamb burger with mint. It was huge, tasty and very filling.

Following that, we realised that breakfast there would cost a third of breakfast in our hotel. So, next morning (after 0900h) we discovered that their version of breakfast was truly magnificent with organic and local foods being used. (We don't eat canned baked beans.) Breakfast was super, even better than lunch the previous day. Would I recommend this place? Definitely and enthusiastically, "Yes!". Will I go back there? Definitely "Yes!".

Perth
“Great food, great staff, great price”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday dinner and it was amazing!
The staff were really friendly and helpful which made a great atmosphere. It felt like we had just gone round a friend's for tea.
There was plenty of choice to be had for delicious food just like mum would make (although these portions are much much bigger than my mum would make which is awesome)
Also the cost of your meal isn't going to break the bank- such good value when you consider the portion sizes.
They even hand out Fruit Salads and Black Jacks with the bill! Yum!