“Rating for Pub, not food”
Review of The Canny Man's

The Canny Man's
Ranked #732 of 2,568 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I used to live up the road from this amazing Family Owned Pub.

The selection of Whisky and Port were incredible. The service can be a little brusque, but once you get used to them, they are all great.

Amazing history about all the memorabilia especially the sabre and although the food is limited, everything was very good.

Also loved the Spanish coffee - great value.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I always feel at home and am welcomed. The food is fresh and the wine is always served as it should be. I love the relaxed atmosphere and am able to have lunch with dignity and as a respected customer. For me, just popping out to lunch is to go to the Canny Man's :))

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Everything was mediocre and pretentious - the indifferent service, the presentation of the food, the quality of the food, the wait for what is, in fact, an open sandwich! There are quality places in this city to eat and drink - don't bother with this.

5  Thank jane s
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were celebrating a special birthday and decided to use our local, the Canny Man's. We were a group of 14 in all and they managed to accomodate us all together in a side room away from the rest of the busy bar. It was a Friday night and as a regular I knew they didn't serve food however they made an exception due to the special occasion. They also included la few extra treats over the course of the evening. A prawn hors d'oeuvre to start with, a glass of rose as an aperitif and finally a small cup cake at the end of the meal. In between these treats we had the usual choice of starters, mains and desserts from their extensive menu. The food, as usual, was superb and plentiful and we had some lovely wine to wash it all down. The staff were excellent and very attentive, constantly popping in to the room to ensure everything was fine and to ask if there was anything else we wanted. I'd recommend the Canny Mans to anyone who wanted to hold a similar dinner party. It was a superb evening and although the bar was very busy the staff and owners still managed to maintain a level of intimacy for our group.

2  Thank PsychoEdinburgh
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Thinks it is in the middle of Kensington well I'm sorry you've a lot to learn in terms of customer service. You treat people like scum and as such I go out of my way to tell people to avoid at all costs. Food is overpriced dross. Go to Pizza Express down the road, you'll enjoy it heaps more

9  Thank Ilrisorgimento