“Great experiend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ben Cruachan Guest House
Ranked #8 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
stamford
“Great experiend”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My brother and I stayed at Ben Cruchan for 5 days after a week-long REI hiking trip. The rooms are very nice and updated, the food was fabulous. Jackie was very helpful making reservations, ets. I liked the location in New Town. A 20-30 minute walk to just about everything, but in a quiet residential area

I would highly recommend it

Room Tip: I only saw one room. They are standard size for Europe/UK (smaller than US standards), but very nic...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank scottStamford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Alaska
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at the Ben Cruchan B&B ! The service was very good , the breakfast choice was excellent , and the rooms where very clean and organised as well as very comfortable ! There is no safe and no wifi included but other than that it is absolutely brilliant !

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Unicorns99
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We loved Edinburgh, made more special with our choice of accommodation. We found a wonderful B&B near too all the amenities,with amazing rooms very comfortable & tastefully furnished & very clean. This B&B provided a 5* breakfast this included hot oats with scotch whisky honey &cream a must try ,a fruit plate like we never seen before ! perfect poached eggs with the scottish as much as you could eat, best coffee here. This place is small but "Exclusive"
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived. We stayed in room 2 it was great it offered so much, tea coffee sherry sweets and cookies. The breakfast was something else lots of options to many to list . It was all enjoyed by us, well cooked, and served at a beautiful table with crisp white linen and fresh flowers, wonderful attention to detail.I would highly recommend Ben_cruachan guest house.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I spent 3 nights at Ben Cruachan Guest House on my first visit to Edinburgh late July. I Loved my stay and am planning a return visit with my partner.My room was on the ground floor looking out into the pretty garden. It was the most comfortable bed to sink into after long days of walking around this beautiful city.Jacquie has made this guest house feel quite luxurious with a extensive breakfast selection, sherry, chocolates, tea, robe and tv in your room. The products in your bathroom are of a very good quality. I loved the mornings at breakfast where all the guests shared our experiences of our travels and Jacquie was available to suggest ideas for anything you might want to explore. It is an easy 10 -15 minute walk to the centre of the city and I liked that it wasnt in the centre of busy Edinburgh. I am looking forward to taking my partner back to visit Edinburgh and stay again at this most delightful Guest House.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank samsamjane
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We spent 1 night at Ben's It offered a great choice of breakfast and very comfortable rooms. It has a very private and bespoke environment. The rooms are also very well equipped. There is no safe though. Everything else is amazing! Great B&B! Perfect for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Neevan V
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at Ben Cruachan B&B around April this year. I did a tour around Scotland, so I stayed here one night before the tour and for 5 nights after the tour. For a young woman (okay, relatively young, I'm 24 :D) travelling alone this was an excellent choice. It' peaceful, it's safe and Jackie was like a surrogate mother to me.
The B&B is located very close to the city center but not in the thick of it, so you can relax a bit and enjoy the "real Edinburgh" around you (I walked to the city center everyday on foot, it took only a couple of minutes - max 10-15 if you like lazy strolls - but there is a bus stop nearbyfor the less enthusiastic :) )
Jackie is a godsend, she is just amazing, I really have no words. She helped with basically everything, she gave tips on what to see, how to get there and simply kept me company when I needed it. I wanted to buy some Scottish/Celtic jewellry and she gave the best advice on where to go (even took me there by car) and I bought the loveliest pieces, I wear them with a smile every day.
The rooms are really lovely (I made a very last minute booking -less then I week I was supposed to fly out - so I stayed in three different rooms during my 6 nights, so I had the chance to try various different rooms :D each of them has a different coloring and style, all of them beautiful) and the breakfast is really nice, you have a chance to chat with Jackie and your fellow guests, excellent choice to make new friends and learn new things about Scotland or Edinburgh.
As I said I stayed here at April -> I'm very bad at writing reviews, I always forget to write them and after a week or two I just don't see the point. But Jackie's place is so nice that even months later it was literally weighing on my conscience that I haven't written it. :) She deserves the nice reviews for the effort and the kindness she puts into her work every day.
So go ahead and book a room at this B&B, you will not regret it. ;)

Edit from Hungary

Room Tip: Every room was nice, I stayed in one at the "main floor" with views to the garden and the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo