“A very welcoming place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ben Cruachan Guest House
Ranked #8 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“A very welcoming place to stay.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here with my partner as a birthday gift from a friend. Jackie is a lovely host, excellently furnished, modern and clean. Had amazing food for breakfast. Will definetly be staying here again in the future. Thank you for the lovely stay Jackie. From Michelle and Paul. X

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Michelle186430

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend we had a beautiful room very well furnished with wonderful modern shower room,fabulous tea &coffee tray with lots of goodies including decanter of sherry. Jackie the owner made our stay very enjoyable with her useful advice on places to eat and visit. The breakfasts were phenomenal excellent choice with lots of it. No hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jill l
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice welcome lovely clean room with comfortable bed, the breakfast was delicious with good selection of hot and cold food great coffee served. this guest house is a short stroll to city centre. very good places to eat close by. All the reviews posted on tripadvisor helped us make a great choice . We would recommend this to other travellers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank connie p
Yorkshire
Reviewed May 29, 2014

For the same price as Ben Cruachan Edinburgh's mainstream more budget hotels would most likely offer stag night noise and a corporate ambience within the price. Whereas (as reviewed before me) Ben Crachan;s owner, Jackie, has gone to great lengths to go the extra mile: quality Egyptian cotton bedding/pillows; thick pile carpets; heavy lined curtains; a welcome tray in the bedroom with a decanter of sherry and sundae glass full of boiled sweets. No stone unturned. Jackie's attention to detail both in interior design; infinite cleanliness; magnificent breakfast provenance...and her desire to help in any way possible are quite remarkable. Parking on the road opposite is easy (£4 per day - 9 hrs - & free overnight). Ideally positioned for the walker to explore Edinburgh...for buses into town (£1.50) or taxis indeed (£5). Look no further - a perfect place to explore this magnificent city. Thank you again Jackie - - -

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jingle05
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife have just returned from a two night stay at which we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.
I am one of those people who never quite get round to posting a trip advisor review but our stay at this lovely small b&b was so good that I have finally made the effort!
The owner Jackie is a very friendly lady who takes a genuine interest in her guests (she likes a chat without being intrusive!) and is rightly proud of the very comfortable and relaxing accomodation at Ben Cruachan. We had a very nice room overlooking a small garden to the rear of the building. Very comfortable bed, tastefully furnished with a large modern shower room. Excellent breakfast - included porridge with optional cream, honey and whiskey (must try) and the tastiest bacon I've had for a long time.
The accomodation is about a 15 minute walk to the centre of town but this has the advantage of it being much quieter at night than I would imagine the more central hotels to be. There are only 4 bedrooms which also helps ensure that you get a good night's sleep. A taxi from the station end of Princes Street is approx £5.
The best thing I can say about this guest house is that I can't think of a single negative to report! For the standard of the accomodation and warmness of the welcome it is very good value for money.
Highly recommended. We shall return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Ben Cruachan. Jackie was very welcoming and helpful. My room was large, clean and spacious and had a shower to dream about. Seriously, the shower was huge and was a rainfall. After spending several days in very small showers this one was a real treat. The complimentary sherry provided upon arrival is the only sherry that I have ever liked. Breakfast was very good and I enjoyed speaking to the other travelers present. The B&B is located about a 10 minute walk to Princes St and it's very accessible to the main attractions. There is also a bus that stops thisclose to the B&B and goes to Waverly Station. Being outside the heart of downtown has its perks. I slept very well and even when I left my window open, I was not disturbed. I would highly recommend Ben Cruachan to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room #3 has a great shower and overlooks the garden area.