“Leisurely Lunch”

Ranked #45 of 2,454 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leith
Description: The Kitchin presents modern British seasonal cuisine influenced by French cooking techniques and an appreciation of the best quality ingredients available from Scotland's fantastic natural larder. The restaurant’s philosophy ‘From Nature to Plate’, is a true reflection of Tom’s passion for the finest, freshest Scottish seasonal produce and the cooking at the restaurant reflects Tom’s training under some of the world’s best chefs blended with his own Scottish heritage.
Reviewed July 12, 2016

This was our first visit and no aspect of it was anything less than superb. A six month wait was well rewarded without outstanding food, falvours (which simply blew me away) and great service. Simply amazing. If you want top quality food, great falvours, a seasonal menu, which included specials, a fantastc atmosphere and fabulous service - this is the place to go. I have already booked further reservations and cannot wait to return.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (4,081)

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

This was a surprise birthday lunch for me and what a surprise it was. I thought we were just going a walk to see the Castle and my friend said to me, let's go in here for a look and to my surprise she has booked a table.
The food was perfect and the ambience just amazing. The waiting staff were attentive too. Love this place and look forward to going back for dinner next time.
Absolutely made my birthday very special indeed!!

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Whilst having drinks in the bar Tom Kitchen introduced himself to all the patrons personally. A nice touch. It was nice being able to see into the kitchen from the restaurant. The food was exquisite and service excellent. The attention to detail in everything made a great evening.

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I've been to the Castle Terrace in Edinburgh several times but never to The Kitchen. Wow the flavours just blew me away.
My elderly parents asked me why I was spending a lot of money and not getting a lot on my plate? Simple, the flavour. I can honestly say I can recall the flavours of the first meal I ate in the Castle Terrace. I can praise them both as they are related.
It started with Chef Kitchen's brew Yer Ben - sorry but I'm from Yorkshire & I love real ale.
The starter of Hake was fabulous, followed by the moistest chicken ever & a celebration of Scottish raspberries to end. I really didn't want the experience to end but hey I've got another birthday next year (I hope!).
I got to meet Chef in The Kitchen & he was everything I expected, a normal bloke passionate about his local produce
Not wishing to get involved in politics I think I might move north of the border - it has so much to offer after all!!

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Rather than write a long review of how good this restaurant is, I would rather just say - The Best. I took a group of my closest friends for a celebration meal and was rewarded with the best food, drink and service in Edinburgh (I am a local by the way). Thank you to the chefs and staff for making a great night just amazing. We had Tom's tasting menu and matching wines - just fantastic!