“Fantastic, Tasty, Brilliant”

Vittoria On The Bridge
Ranked #144 of 2,598 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Vittoria on the Bridge, in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, is one of the city's most popular restaurants, where delicious, fresh, authentic Italian food is served up throughout the day in relaxed, friendly surroundings offering a true home from home experience and fabulous Italian hospitality for which the Crolla family are renowned.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a great meal here tonight with my girlfriend. First time ever going in and was very impressed. The pizza's were mouth watering good and the icecream was to die for. The meal was very well priced I have to give a large tip for the service for the price I was paying! I was also given a Vittoria card as the staff could tell how much we enjoyed it which made it feel that extra bit special.

The only downside was an older "thinks he is a master in all things food and drink" man who was giving the Chef abuse about his pizza not being Italian. After he was shouting the atmosphere was shot but that was him just being a selfish douche with no respect for anyone.

Will be back and will recommend to all friends. 11/10.

tony c, Owner at Vittoria On The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I do apologise for the gentleman that created a poor atmosphere for you. However, I am especially pleased that you can now enjoy the amazing offers with our Vittoria loyalty card every month at all locations.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Tony Crolla

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had lunch here today. My friend had the burger which she assured me was nice. I had the battered fish. The batter was quite soggy and the tartare sauce looked as if it had been sitting for a while. There were a lot of little flies near our table which spoiled the experience a little.

Thank you for your review. We experienced a soda fountain leak and has since been cleared and cleaned. I am sorry for the inconvenience that the small flies may have caused.

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had an Early afternoon family meal here. 2 Courses, Starter & Main for £10. We had booked the Table,turned up a little early & staff where very helpful in accommodating us. Food was Good,Atmosphere Good,Very Busy,but did'nt seem to delay or detract from the service.Quite Central,Near the Royal Mile,so very Good value for the City & Location.

Our 2 for £10 deal is a great one to take advantage of. One must seat before 5pm to take advantage of this offer. Thank you for your enjoyment of the food and atmosphere.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were there as part of a wedding group last Friday. The food was above average, and the wine was delicious. What really impressed me was the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Our whole party was waited on enthusiastically. Their attention to detail and overall friendliness rounded off an exceptional meal. Thank you for contributing to my brother's special day.

We strive to create wonderful memorable occasions for our guests through great food and excellent service. I am pleased that we were able to create a memorable wedding day for your bother and his guests.

Sincerley,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We got a table right away and the staff was very firendly and helpful. The food was delicious!!! I had the Carbonara and it was fabulous! Our children loved their pasta dinners and my husband said his Pollo Funghi Crema was great as well! Love this place!

I trust you took advantage of seating before 5pm and the children eating for £1.00. All the proceeds go to charity.

Thank you for your excellent review.