“Excellent food & atmosphere!”

Hadrian's Brasserie at The Balmoral
Ranked #214 of 2,529 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: European, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: Ideal for a light lunch or a relaxed dinner, Hadrian’s offers traditional cuisine in an informal setting. On the menu, a mix of Scottish favourites and classic dishes created using the finest regional produce. Balmoral smoked salmon served with shallots, honey and mustard dressing. Blairgowrie chateaubriand served with handcut roosters and St Andrews jus. Smaller appetites are also catered for with our Families R Forte children’s menu. The brasserie’s walls are brought to life with life-sized photographs of pirouetting dancers.
Plymouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food & atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on two occasions now in the last four weeks and each time the food & service have been excellent. From the warm welcome we received when we arrived, to the great tasting food & friendly waiting staff there was nothing to fault. It is a restaurant you will want to visit. The relaxed atmosphere meant you could dress from smart casual to more formal dinner attire and not feel out of place. The choice of food was great and presentation spot on. We will definitely go back again.

Mr W Beynon

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank W-Beynon

• Korean first
Edinburgh
“dont order the soup”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The reception desk made us wait a couple of minutes, while she looked for a free table on the diary, the time was 6,15pm on saturday and the restaurant was empty? I ordered fish soup and was very disappointed when it arrived, it had a solid lump floating in it, and as I moved it with my spoon it started to melt, I think it was a piece of butter that had been put in at the last minute, the soup tasted mildly of fish,I sent it back, When I wrote to Hadrians they replied"The soup had saffron Rouille (mayonnaise with bread, paprika, garlic and saffron). It is very classy combination with fish soups in France." The main courses were excellent, The waiter didnt know how to pore a bottle of beer, as it went all over the table.I had to ask them to remove the soup from the bill. When we left at 7.15pm the restaurant was still empty.
I think we were disappointed as 3 months previously we had excellent service and food although I think it was a young Indian team of waiters looking after us.

• Visited November 2013
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at Hadrian's Brasserie at The Balmoral, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor and highlighting the positive aspects of your visit, including the excellent main courses and your previous positive experience when visiting Hadrian’s.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced whilst your table was being assigned. As many of our diners stay for up to 2 hours we do need to consider advanced bookings for later in the evening, which may have lead to this slight delay.
It is most regrettable that on this occasion you encountered some inconsistencies with the food. Whilst the Rouile is a classic combination, I am sorry that you felt this detracted from your enjoyment of the soup and I have shared your comments with our chef for his consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that given your previous positive experience that you will consider returning to dine with us in the future.

Yours sincerely

Gregor Forbes
Restaurant Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Try the scallops”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had an excellent lunch at Hadrian's with an old chum. The quality of the food and wine was excellent. The scallops were very fresh and beautifully tender, and the Chablis by the glass accompanied it perfectly.

Top marks to the waiting staff who were attentive but not intrusive even when they recognised the importance of my guest!

Top marks all round.

London, United Kingdom
“This restaurant deserves 5 stars for food and customer service”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We made a reservation for lunch on Saturday morning and asked for a specific dish. The hostess was gracious and charming and told us she would need to speak to the chef and get back to us - which she promptly did. She said the dish was not on the lunch menu but the chef had 2 servings and would keep them for us. When we arrived and gave our name, we were instantly told that they had both our reservation and our special order. The staff could not have been more welcoming, the food was fabulous and, all in all, in terms of value for money, it was outstanding. We rate this restaurant top marks on all counts.

• Visited November 2013
balmoraledinburgh, Manager at Hadrian's Brasserie at The Balmoral, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn that from the point of making your reservation with us, your were so impressed with the service provided when you visited the brasserie recently and that my colleagues were able to ensure that the pheasant dish was available for you.
It is extremely gratifying to receive such generous feedback and we very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Gregor Forbes
Restaurant Manager
Hong Kong, China
“style, panache and good food too!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a delightful brasserie and the service is excellent. Part of a hotel it does manage to give a very personal service whilst serving good food. We ordered the home smoked salmon ( good but needed ore flavour) and then my friend ordered the steak frites and I ordered the fillet.Both were done really well and then we ordered the creme brûlée to share..the food was good the service good, and the meal came to 90 GBP. This was a good meal, good service but somehow cafe st.honore does it better..but it's a personal thing.