“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere”
Review of Positano - CLOSED

Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ate here with friends on our first night in Edinburgh. We happened upon the restaurant while out on a walk from our hotel looking for something to eat. The restaurant was not very busy when we got there. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. There was a little wait on the food because it was being freshly prepared in the open kitchen, which we could see from our dining table. I had a cheese ravioli dish and it was delicious.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I came upon this restaurant without previously knowing of it. Although we hadn't booked and it was very busy, the owner found us a table and spent as much time as he was able in chatting to us about our stay in Edinburgh and where we came from (Plymouth, Devon). He was very welcoming and charming. The food was delicious, service pretty good and the price average. The whole experience was really enjoyable and one to remember. We would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This little italian restaurant doesn't look spectacular from the outside, but the atmosphere is amazing and the food excellent. The waiters were extraordinary nice and welcoming, offering complimentary water and fresh bread. They were chatting and joking with me without beeing intrusive.

I found this little place nearby my hotel after a long day and I enjoyed it so much, that I came back the following two days. I love italian food and love cooking it myself, so sometimes it can be a bit disapointing to go to an italian restaurant - because you don't get anything you can't make yourself. In this case it was clearly not the case - the dishes were fresh and of excellent quality, both pizza and pasta.

If you're traveling on a small budget, this place is perfect - great food for small money. And it's absolutely fine if you stick with the complimentary water and don't order extra drinks.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This establishment is just an all 'round pleasure to visit. The staff treat you as though you are their most important customer/visitor from the time that you walk in through the door. The service is great and the food also. Will most certainly go back when in Edinburgh again

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Love this restaurant and is our go to place for a nice informal meal locally.

Service is always excellent. The waiting staff are friendly and make customers feel relaxed. At weekends the restaurant can be quiet busy and noisy but always retains good service and atmosphere.

The menu has a great selection of seafood and I would recommend the squid ink risotto. The house wine always compliments the meal well and is good value.

Best Italian restaurant overall in Edinburgh in my opinion.