“Don't go!”

Zizzi - Edinburgh Quay
Ranked #605 of 2,566 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant at Edinburgh Quay is a real gem in the city, only a 20-minute walk from Princes Street with views overlooking the Union Canal in the heart of the newly developed business district. Zizzi Italian restaurant is perfect for lunch or dinner, within a timeframe or at your leisure. With its Mezzanine level, this restaurant boasts the ability to cater for the largest of parties whatever the occasion. A stunning location and a beautiful interior! Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate here on a trip to Edinburgh and it wasn't a good experience from start to finish! First of all we couldn't find it even with a sat nav! Then when we got there we waited 20 minutes for drinks and 30 minutes for food and the place was quiet!!! I ordered a chicken dish and it didn't taste like chicken and I found some dish skin in the sauce. My boyfriend ordered a calzone pizza with no mushrooms and it came full of mushrooms,he had to pick them out with each bite! Only thing is they gave us drinks for free and discount of our food. Maybe it was a bad night for them but I still wasn't advise on going as we weren't the only customers annoyed.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived waitress was very nice, took our order! We waited around twenty minutes and the mains arrived. We reminded the waitress we ordered starters, she took away mains and after another 15 mins the starters turned up! I asked her if we would get fresh mains and she said yes. We ate the starters and then waited another 15 mind and the same food was delivered not fresh! We returned and cancelled order, waitress was very apologetic and we didn't have to pay fir starters or bottle of wine!

Won't be back!

1  Thank Robww82
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Saw this Zizzi hidden away at the back of a bar we were drinking in. It really is a hidden gem. The staff were very friendly and it was busy. The interior looks a little worn in places but the food was fantastic. Will definitely come back

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Place was super busy. We ordered from the set menu and it was delicious! I f I could eat the starter over and over again I would! had a mix up with our mains but got complimentary drinks but overall it just made our experience feel like it wasn't rushed at all! we had a great night and our server could not be faulted! very helpful and friendly!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great service, great food, good value for money, I ordered 3 part pizza which I cleaned the plate, wife ordered prawn pasta which was very nice also,
Was a bit over crowded but order was taken quick and food came quick also