“Terrible food!!!”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #940 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Edinburgh Leith offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Terrible over priced food!

Only thing good about this place was the service from the staff who are very hard working indeed.
We asked if a garlic bread was available in a round form rather than two small slices which was only available on the menu to which the staff member advised they can do this however would be based on a large pizza price.We did accept this however when it arrived it was tiny and very over priced to compare this garlic bread to the value of a large pizza on the menu!?.
Also when main pizza was served this was burnt on the base and was a VERY thin crust base with hardly any topping at all.
We did mention this to the friendly staff member called Sylvia however there was nothing she could do,to which I advised I would be contacting the company direct which I did however they did not reply back to myself at all,which goes to show how they care about customers.
If you want a good value authentic italian meal go to the one across the road-which sadly I cant remember the name of and you will get alot more and better quality for your money!

1  Thank Heididixon74

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Love this place and the staff and food are the best , keep up the good work guys , wish other pizza express where as good

Reviewed November 5, 2012

With Pizza Express you should know what you are going to get - and broadly its true - but i didnt feel that this particular branch delivered the Pizza Express experience. Food was OK but a bit sloppy, as was the rushed service and the chef seemed under pressure. And the interior was not at lal what you expect from a PE - it was dark, dingy and poorly planned.
But we still all enjoyed it, though given the choice we probably wouldn't go back to this one.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After walking a beautiful walk with 23 people from slateford to water of leith walk, we had prebooked our meal giving all our requirements all but a few! phoned in only 2 days before... were met to be told they never had the list & could they have ours, the manager was not helpful at all and even rude to our organiser! I personally had ordered chicken and pepper pizza to be told they could not do this and could only provide a chicken pizza? the person next to me also had pre ordered a ham & pinapple pizza only to be told she could only have a ham pizza? we had booked for 2.30pm although because of all the mix up we actually only received our meal 3.30... we eventually received dessert at 5.15pm... and also told there was no cheesecake left and we either had to have ice cream or chocolate cake? I had asked for a Diet Coke which I never received.... left to drink water for the meal only after asking for jugs of water for the table... I have to say I felt for the girl who was left to serve us she was extremely good at her job under the pressure of an extremely difficult manager. We noticed during the meal he was clattering dishes behind us and obviously not happy with our custom.. We will not be back....Disgraceful behaviour from this manager...

1  Thank Shazzer90
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Recently visited after the refurbishment, the decor and atmosphere very impressive. Also enjoyed the fact that this restaurant is running a trial menu, and tried some of those items, and got a chance to give feedback (the lemon curd glory is delicious!). Service was attentive and friendly, pizza was well cooked and prosecco was free as it was my birthday - can't ask for more than that! Definitely recommended.