“Delicious, Authentic Food & Attentive Staff.”
Review of Passorn

Passorn
Ranked #138 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First time at Passorn and very impressed. Plenty of menu options, all well described & 'customisable' for spicyness.

Service staff were able to explain each dish and advise on best options according to each of our party's individual tastes.

Food was served swiftly, even though restaurant was 75% full. It was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Lots of delicate tastes, even in the more spicy dishes. Portion sizes were more than adequate even for us!

Staff very attentive (they did insist on refilling wine glasses a little too often though!) and were happy to serve glasses of tap water too (we did have beer & wine also).

Highly recommended & we will be back.

Price was very fair. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited with my parents last year. Staff were courteous and diligent and the menu thoughtful.

I had a delicious monkfish dish as well as a delightful salad starter and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. My favourite Thai in Edinburgh

1  Thank flupesloops
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Entering this peacefully decorated restaurant at lunch time the experience got better by the minute. The music is worth a visit to hear on its own.
Kankun Ritthihit the manager welcomed us to the begining of a transcendual trip of a lifetime in Thia cuisene. We had prawns with dips and a spicy beef to start followed by Sea Bream and a Thai Chicken Curry. The presentation and flavours were amazing. The coffee and brandy accompaniment was an ideal end to the lunch. The attentive service by Kankun was also first class. This has to be the best Thia restaurant up till now. We look forward to having an evening meal soon.

1  Thank jwhaf1968
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went with a family group for a birthday lunch. First off, I must say that the food was excellent and beautifully presented. This could well have become a new regular haunt of mine.

However, the portions were nouvelle cuisine size (perhaps due to the 'lunch special' on offer, but not ideal). My five year daughter's portion was even worse. She polished it off in about five minutes flat. I really should have asked for more.

What was disappointing and will stop me from going back, was the feeling that we had been ripped off. My daughter's tiny one course cost nearly as much as our two course lunch which was pushing it, particularly when the portion had been so mean. We had also ordered one bottle of mineral water for the table and the waiter came up and cracked open another bottle that we did not want or need, without asking. That added another £3.80 to our bill so this was reflected in the tip I left. I probably shouldn't have left anything under the circumstances, but most of the staff were very pleasant.

In conclusion, not family friendly and a bit too sharp practice for me. Shame given the quality of the food.

2  Thank stephaniep_11
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and i went for a meal here for our 10th Anniverary, and it was way above my expectations, The staff were so polite,friendly and helpfull,
The food was Gorgeous and well presented... Im glad i have found a very good thia restaurant, We will definately be back :)

2  Thank tracey w