“Top notch Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Passorn

Passorn
Ranked #186 of 2,446 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
“Top notch Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited with my parents last year. Staff were courteous and diligent and the menu thoughtful.

I had a delicious monkfish dish as well as a delightful salad starter and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. My favourite Thai in Edinburgh

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank flupesloops

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Business Lunch Jon and Sandra 2013/06/06”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Entering this peacefully decorated restaurant at lunch time the experience got better by the minute. The music is worth a visit to hear on its own.
Kankun Ritthihit the manager welcomed us to the begining of a transcendual trip of a lifetime in Thia cuisene. We had prawns with dips and a spicy beef to start followed by Sea Bream and a Thai Chicken Curry. The presentation and flavours were amazing. The coffee and brandy accompaniment was an ideal end to the lunch. The attentive service by Kankun was also first class. This has to be the best Thia restaurant up till now. We look forward to having an evening meal soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jwhaf1968
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went with a family group for a birthday lunch. First off, I must say that the food was excellent and beautifully presented. This could well have become a new regular haunt of mine.

However, the portions were nouvelle cuisine size (perhaps due to the 'lunch special' on offer, but not ideal). My five year daughter's portion was even worse. She polished it off in about five minutes flat. I really should have asked for more.

What was disappointing and will stop me from going back, was the feeling that we had been ripped off. My daughter's tiny one course cost nearly as much as our two course lunch which was pushing it, particularly when the portion had been so mean. We had also ordered one bottle of mineral water for the table and the waiter came up and cracked open another bottle that we did not want or need, without asking. That added another £3.80 to our bill so this was reflected in the tip I left. I probably shouldn't have left anything under the circumstances, but most of the staff were very pleasant.

In conclusion, not family friendly and a bit too sharp practice for me. Shame given the quality of the food.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank stephaniep_11
“Fantastic... Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and i went for a meal here for our 10th Anniverary, and it was way above my expectations, The staff were so polite,friendly and helpfull,
The food was Gorgeous and well presented... Im glad i have found a very good thia restaurant, We will definately be back :)

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank tracey w
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice lunch with my partner, opted for the lunch menu. Came quickly and so fresh, chicken skewer was lovely, fish cakes best I've ever tasted, asked for the recipe a few times but I was probably pushing my luck. Mains were good too. Sea bass for me was tasty and fresh, my fiancé had red chicken curry which was superb. Less than £10 for two courses too, incredible value for money and great service. Go!

• Visited May 2013