“Fantastic!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my favourite Thai restaurant in Edinburgh. I would go as far to say the best Thai I've tasted outside Thailand. The service is also what you experience in the 'land of smiles' - faultless. You're able to chose the level of spice of your curry which is helpful. The first time I went I had a 4 for a green curry which was pretty hot, but still lovely. I now go for a 3 which suits me better. The black tower dessert is yum!

1  Thank Lilly14Scotland

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Astonishingly delicious food, each dish a revelation. We have now been twice, and will go again. The restaurant is fairly small, and very busy. Service is excellent.

1  Thank WanderingMendicant
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

A welcome return since our last visit. The food, service and ambience are all first class. The best Thai in town in our opinion. Will be back soon

1  Thank gillk65
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you book at this restaurant do not assume that your booking will be honoured.

They cancelled our booking this pm simply because we had a child (we have been complimented on the behaviour of our daughter many times). We have given this restaurant hundreds of pounds of business over the years. I phoned to complain tonight. First I was told that my wife had cancelled the booking which was just not true. I was then told that they had changed their policy on children. The owner just hung up during our conversation.

11  Thank Brian M
IanSMacA, Owner at Passorn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We phoned the wife of this customer on the day to confirm their booking and were informed then that a child was one of the group. Our policy, at weekends, is that we can only accommodate children under 12 until 8 pm at the latest. This is because we are a small restaurant and our preference at weekends is that the restaurant be reserved for adult customers after 8 pm.
The manager offered this customer's wife an earlier time for the booking that would have meant this group giving up the table by 8 pm. This offer was turned down.
The customer then phoned that evening and complained about our having cancelled the booking. The manager again explained our policy and confirmed that an earlier time had been offered instead, but rejected by this customer's wife.
It is a matter of profound regret to us that this regular customer does not wish to return. He and his family are more than welcome at Passorn.
Passorn, as our regular customers are aware, is a family-friendly restaurant. Our policy regarding under-12 children only applies after 8 pm on weekends.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Sea Bass salad is an excellent starter, served in a crisp red cabbage leaf which adds an Anglo twist to this Siamese delight.
Followed that with a Penang Chicken Curry - a little more sauce than the Thai norm
, but perfectly presented and flavoured with fresh kaffir lime leaves a thin red chilli slices.
Staff where friendly and attentive - highly reccomended.

1  Thank Will J