“Gorgeous food, one of our best meals out!!”

Stockbridge Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Description: Up and coming chef Jason Gallagher has done a fine job in turning the former haunt of local 'celebrity' chef Juliet Lawrence Wilson into a luxurious showcase of his own exciting style of Modern European cuisine. The basement space really is a lovely little restaurant for a romantic meal or special occasion. Black-painted walls decorated with modern art work well with plush golden upholstered chairs, thick white table linen and fairy lights to create an especially intimate atmosphere. Gallagher works with fresh, seasonal ingredients so the menu often changes, but the offerings are guaranteed to be indulgent and of the kind that feel like they're a real treat to be eating. Perfect service too.
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, one of our best meals out!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Personally I loved the small and intimate feel of the restaurant and the food was to die for. The cost was incredibly reasonable and the presentation was fabulous.

We were particularly impressed by the bread basket with pesto and the amuse bouche that came at the beginning of the meal. Also the cheese board had around 10 different local cheeses on it.

Absolutely gorgeous atmosphere and food. Loved it!!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Amybear72

“Best in Edimburgh”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent atmosphere. Great attention from the service. Fantastic food. They offer nice Scottish Beers. Very nice to read their local suppliers in the first page of the menu. I will come back sure.

1 Thank Gabriel T
Ayr Scotland
“Lovely unique restaurant.”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went here as a family of five to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant is in a basement nicely lit up in the evening. It is small and creates its own atmosphere. The staff were nice and very attentive. The food was very nice with an emphasise on flavour. The restaurant was warm and very cosy.

1 Thank Zanique
Scotland
“Great find”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here last night. If honest I found the menu choice limited. It took me a while to make a decision, but I was pleasantly surprised everything was delicious. Good service, friendly and attentive staff and we'll priced. A great find and will return the next time I am in Edinburgh.

Visited February 2014
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went here for my birthday on our weekend in Edinburgh. It was a lovely cozy restaurant where we were immediately welcomed. I had my 8 year old daughter with me and i felt they were very welcoming of her. I cannot fault the service it was perfect. Every course was delicious, it is one of the best meals ive ever had. They catered very well for my daughter who enjoyed the smoked haddock bon bons and seabass!! The food was done to such a high standard - credit to the chef! I would most definately recommend and would go back on my next visit to Edinburgh!