“Amazing, perfect place for a romantic celebration”

Stockbridge Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Description: Up and coming chef Jason Gallagher has done a fine job in turning the former haunt of local 'celebrity' chef Juliet Lawrence Wilson into a luxurious showcase of his own exciting style of Modern European cuisine. The basement space really is a lovely little restaurant for a romantic meal or special occasion. Black-painted walls decorated with modern art work well with plush golden upholstered chairs, thick white table linen and fairy lights to create an especially intimate atmosphere. Gallagher works with fresh, seasonal ingredients so the menu often changes, but the offerings are guaranteed to be indulgent and of the kind that feel like they're a real treat to be eating. Perfect service too.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited the Stockbridge on the first evening of our honeymoon, and it was amazing. It was a Sunday so took advantage of the BYOB and splashed out on some lovely bubbly from a local wine merchants to celebrate. The food was the best we had in edinburgh (we also dined at Castle Terrace & Onedine during our stay) and the dining room was really romantic & intimate. Definately make reservations to visit if your in the city.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My fiancé took me to celebrate our engagement. The food was absolutely delicious. The menu is minimal but I find that rather refreshing. The service and atmosphere was lovely too. If anything I'd say that the tables were a little too close together so privacy could be an issue. Didn't have pudding as two courses and I was mega full!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I dined here on a Tuesday evening. The small dining room was about half full but still had a nice buzz about it. Staff were attentive and friendly but never overbearing. They got a great balance of timing... We never felt rushed and had time to chat but ended up having finished starters and mains within an hour of arrival! Our second hour was spent sharing a delicious dessert and finishing our wine.
The set menu was amazing value, I had a delicious and intricate pigeon starter followed by a superb chicken dish for just £20. My wife ordered a la carte and her meal was also superb.

1  Thank chewyryan
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Absolutely lovely food, staff, setting and location.
Good value for money, food was served immaculately. Now where is that Michelin star?

1  Thank Amin P
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My partner and I visited for a celebration meal and we were both extremely impressed from start to finish. We were given a warm welcome to this well appointed and presented restaurant the staff were very friendly and catered well for my vegetarian partners needs.
The small amuse bouche was a welcome surprise of Serrano ham, cheese and salad (and a veggie option)
The starters were divine, particularly my pigeon breast with black pudding and celeriac mash. Main courses were of the same high standard and my partner was delighted with her vegetarian tart. A little passion fruit ice cream appeared as a pre-dessert and was one of the most delicious things either of us have tasted.
Our shared dessert was an unusual banana tarte tatin which was absolutely fantaastic and the perfect way to finish the meal.

The restaurant also offers a good selection of wines and beers at reasonable prices. We were very impressed with everything from service to food to drink.

Definately deserves its high place in Edinburgh's Tripadvisor rankings!

3  Thank EdinburghPrivateEye