“Excellent”

New Saffrani
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Street Food
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: An exciting and popular addition to the Edinburgh dining scene, New Saffrani is an unusual take on the traditional Indian restaurant. Situated close to the Festival Theatre and Old College, New Saffrani finds itself with a varied crowd flooding through the doors ��� everybody from tourists to students, young families and couples eager to try out their unique menu which concentrates mainly on fish and seafood, giving each an Indian flavour. There���s an extensive range of choices with meat and vegetarian dishes also given plenty of room, with each item imaginative and experimental, unlike any other in the city. Every care has been taken to match the wide selection of wines to New Saffrani���s food, guaranteeing a full dining experience bar none.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went to New Saffrani for my girlfriends birthday dinner, we had purchased KGB vouchers. To arrange a booking we rang them and made them aware we had vouchers and booked a time slot on the same day. The service was excellent and the food is amazing, we had such good fun laughing and enjoying our meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant when you come to Edinburgh.

2  Thank piscina s
There are newer reviews for New Saffrani

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Lovely meal with great service. One of the best indian resturants in Edinburgh. Will definatly be back.

2  Thank Pamela2608
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I purchased a voucher from KGB. I phoned up the restaurant three weeks in advance to enable me to book a table on a Saturday night at a decent time and stated I had a voucher. My boyfriend and I turned up on the correct day and time of booking. There were a few empty tables I noticed when we walked in so were wondering which table would be ours as the restaurant is quite small and very warm. I was greeted by the Manager and was told that no booking had been entered under my name. I was very confused and embarrassed as when I argued my case, I was practically accused of lying about making the booking. I was told that I could get a table but would not be allowed to use my voucher???? So basically they wanted me to pay full price for a meal, that I had already purchased through a voucher. I was not accepting of this. I feel I was treated terribly and would never try this restaurant again or recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We love eating at this restaurant, we frequent it weekly, the food is always consistent, reasonably priced, great flavours and the staff often recommend dishes to try. We highly recommend you try New Saffrani Restaurant in city centre

3  Thank Arnav R
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Well we are just back from an amazing meal at this restaurant. Very well priced and the staff were fantastic. Many thanks to them. We will definitely be back. Thanks again

1  Thank Lucinda A