“Best restaurant in Edinburgh”
Review of First Coast

First Coast
Ranked #51 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours:-Lunch Monday - Friday 12pm-2pm, Saturday 12pm - 4pm. Dinner Monday - Saturday 5pm-10.30pm. West Edinburgh wasn't a dining hotspot, but charming, inviting, delicious First Coast is one of the establishments that have been changing that. A comfy toddle from Haymarket station, First Coast is quite an intimate, relaxed shop front restaurant done out the blues and greys of the sea, with rough hewn centre wall and super smart detailing. The frequently-changing modern Scottish menu lists meat and fowl as well as fish. Starters include very tender marinated squid, soy and sesame salad, mains include spicy grilled chicken breast with homemade sweet chilli sauce and coconut rice, and sweets include deep fried jam sandwich with vanilla ice cream- seriously. Short, thoughtful wine list, good vegetarian choices and warm service.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We regularly frequented First Coast for dinner and were never disappointed. The food is always delicious, the service second to none and wine delightful. We would often ask the waiters to match a wine to our meals and were never disappointed. First Coast also regularly update their menu so there is always something new to try!

I can not praise enough this awesome place to dine and would give it 10 out of 10 if I could!!

There are newer reviews for First Coast

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Really valuable restaurant. I & my wife ordered three course lunch which is just £15! We can choose many variety of main course. Both starter & main are fantastic and great volume. Actually, dessert is just so-so. But overall, very very delicious! Maybe as I live in center of London, I can't believe this is just £15.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had this not been a Tripadvisor recommendation we would not have gone in. It looks a bit of a dump from outside and the area does not appear the best. Food was great however. Staff were friendly and efficient and the wine list is really good with some unusual and reasonably priced wines. I had an excellent steak. Desserts didn't seem so exciting, so we walked to Affogato for their great ice creams!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Tried the fillet steak, very tasty. Portion was a little on the small side for me but good value for the money. Also had the gingerbread and salted caramel desert, this was exceptional! Will visit next time I am in the area.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely evening here with friends - our first visit, but our friends are regulars. If you've not been, you must try it. Good menu selection - steaks well recommended - and pleasant staff.