“Love all the locations!”

Hendersons Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #258 of 2,960 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Hendersons Vegan is an informal vegan dining experience located in the Edinburgh New Town. Newly refurbished in July 2015, this restaurant now serves a contemporary menu using exclusively vegan ingredients.
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I ate at the Thistle & Holyrood locations. There are quite a few veg and vegan options in Edinburgh but Hendersons in my opinion tops the list! At the Thistle Street location (near Princes Street) I had the roast vegetable soup. It was puréed and served with sunflower bread. We had chocolate hazelnut cake for dessert. Just lovely. Our server was wonderful. At the Holyrood location I had the frittata and my daughter had the vegan pizza. The frittata was a wee bit hard but still tasty and the pizza was delicious! There are nice take away options as well. Both locations have large windows, giving a nice airy feel. The Holyrood location is a stones throw from the palace so a nice option for tourists.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 31, 2016

hendersons serve lovely Vegan meal and lovely dessert. a lovely bree and juice coffee cakes. lovely friendly places

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We discovered this place on our first day in Edinburgh and have returned daily. The food is thoughtful, tasty and made with care. There's plenty of clever twists on old meaty favourites made with organic and local fresh produce ... Try the vegan haggis made with black beans for tea or scrambled tofu for breakfast. The staff are attentive and friendly and happy to help with other dietary requirements as needed.
The atmosphere is comfortable and the house wines are really good.
Cannot fault our experience and looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Had a very pleasant lunch here with my wife a few months back. Given the choice I would probably always eat in the Hendersons up the road but it was worth the visit

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We popped in here before a show and the service was really fast - it was great. The menu was really interesting and my friend and I both found the food really tasty. The vegan ice cream was particularly good!