“Tasty tacos!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: The Gonzalez family opened Viva Mexico in August 1984, intending to bring the true taste of Mexico to Edinburgh, and 31 years later we are still striving to do the same. In the intervening years there have been many changes, notably in how the restaurant has grown, but we are still trying to do what we set out to do all those years ago - to give all our guests a real flavour of Mexico. With three rooms spread over two floors the restaurant is equally suited for romantic dinners for two, quick business lunches or parties, the back room particularly can cater for a single group of up to 25 seated at tables or 40 as a buffet.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my wife ate here and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Great food, great price and close to Waverley. Well be back :)

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

1 word for this, amazing. If you are a fan of Mexican, you have to come here. The food, the margarita's, the decor, the service, all top notch. Really authentic food, and generous portions. People are lovely who work there and the food came out extremely quickly. Next time I come back to Edinburgh, this is the first restaurant I will eat at.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Previously been here and rated it, however went on a Friday night this time when it was really busy. Had chipotle soup to start, I like spicy food but this was a bit to overpowering. Main course was nothing to rave about, really lacked flavour. Service was rather poor, staff seemed more interested in getting more people in and seated than dealing with the customers already in! Took a long time to track a waitress down to ask for the dessert menu by which time we decided not to bother. On paying the bill the waitress had the brass neck to ask if we would be wanting change from our money! Personally I find that incredibly rude considering the lack of service. Won't be back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had a lovely meal was there with a friend who had never tried Mexican and also a vegetarian service was excellent and food was piping hot. we had the burritos mine was with chicken and my friend with veg,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A group of 12 of us had dinner here for a catch up - we were at a long table on street level which was a shame for the people at the 2 small tables next to us as we were quite noisy.

Service was pretty quick and as I love Mexican Food

I had the chicken burrito - this came out with damp rice and refried beans that did not look fresh. The burrito was half the size I would have expected and the flavours were very bland.

Everyonelse seemed equally disappointed by portion size.

I would not recommend here to anyone!!