“Sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Melinda's - CLOSED

Sweet Melinda's
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Mediterranean, British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bruntsfield
Description: A cosy, relaxed bistro in the bustling centre of Marchmont, Sweet Melindas provides food delivered fresh every morning to both returning regulars and new visitors alike. The small front room is bright and airy during the day,with the kitchen open for lunch from midday until 2pm, providing great value for money. Dinner service begins at 6pm with a fantastic atmosphere created by candlelight and a playlist of easy listening and acoustic tracks. The menu contains a good mix of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, with daily specials on the blackboards. Wine-wise, the selection has been chosen to match the menu and is contained within an excellent price range of £15.50 - £32.50 Per bottle. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Cromarty, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Meant to do this a while back better late than never.... Great wee place a short walk across the Meadows from The Royal Mile tucked amongst a fishmonger, fruit and veg stall and student accommodation. On arrival feels like a front room with tables. We where early on a cold March evening. The welcome was warm and polite. The room was a little chilly but it was very cold and this is an old building.
We opted for the set menu very reasonable and the waiter and chef managed to cope with my friends request for fat free cooking... Fresh fish, pigeon breast, cheese board, good wine selection and reasonable priced. Definitely will go back.
Best to book.

• Visited March 2013

Scottish Borders
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Four of us dined at Sweet Melinda's on Saturday (13th April) on the recommendation of a friend who lives in the Marchmont area. I am so glad we dined here instead of uptown! First of all the waiter service is fantastic. The waiters are all very friendly, attentive (but not overly so) and were happy to chat and recommend wines etc. We settled on a bottle of rose and a bottle of organic Scicilian as none of us had tried organic wine before. Would definitely go for this wine again it was really flavoursome. We all had different meals and none of us was disappointed. One of us had wood pigeon as a starter which he said was delicious. I had sea bass on a bed of spaghetti which I thought was rather a odd combination but it worked brilliantly and the sauce was delicious. We shared the chocolate tart desserts - not for the faint-hearted - but as a chocoholic I loved it! The owner, Chris, chatted with us and he is obviously very enthusiastic about the restaurant and making the experience enjoyable. The chef and kitchen staff are truly remarkable - every dish prepared to perfection. We will definitely be back here and thoroughly recommend the short trip from town centre to sample this great wee restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“We will definately be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and i loved our visit to Sweet Melindas, the service was great, the restaurant itself was very intimate and every course was absolutely delicious. the particular highlights were the wood pigeon, the trout and the chocolate torte.
My mouth is salivating at the mere memory. Cant wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012
Ellon, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have many regular eateries in Edinburgh but on a trip this weekend decided to deliberately try some new places. I Found Sweet Melinda's through Top Table, read some good reviews and booked a table on Saturday Evening.

This was a wonderful dining experience with some of the best seafood I have tasted in Scotland! My wife had the rack of lamb which was also perfectly cooked.

The restaurant has a lovely ambiance ant the three waiters were very attentive. We asked if the sweets with our coffee were nut free and when the waiter realised my wife has an allergy he promptly returnd with an additional nut free alternative without prompting!

Sweet Melinda's will now join our regular venues!

• Visited April 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant after several recommendations from friends, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself was lovely, very intimate, with great decor. We each had the crab cakes to start which were the nicest we've ever tasted! I had cod & gnocchi for my main...which was simple and delicious. My parter had lamb with sweet potato mash, the lamb was cooked to perfection! Next our pudding...which was my favourite course...a gorgeous lemon, raspberry & ginger posset, a great way to finish off my meal. My partner had the chocolate tarte, a must try for any chocolate lovers. One of the best things about this restaurant is the quality of food for the price...all in all two 3 course meals with alcohol cost £66! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who fancies treating themselves whilst visiting Edinburgh!

• Visited March 2013