“Delicious seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mussel Inn

Mussel Inn
Ranked #165 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: The Mussel Inn Seafood Restaurant in Edinburgh is firmly established as one of the city’s most popular restaurants. Located on Rose Street just off Princes Street right in the heart of the buzzing city centre, we are a favourite choice of locals, tourists and business people alike.Mouth-watering, fresh seafood dishes created with top quality ingredients such as mussels, scallops and oysters sourced from Scottish waters, and prepared to the highest standards by our chefs is guaranteed with every visit.
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We had mussels and scallops, and then dessert. All was very delicious. You pick which sauce the mussels are cooked in, I tried blue cheese (which I had never tried before although I eat/cook mussels fairly often), I loved it! The scallops were in a red pepper and pesto sauce which hid the taste of the scallops, but it was still quite good. Prices are fair for seafood and it all comes from Scotland!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, UK
“Delicious seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were warned that place is always busy and from the great food I can see why. We went during the fringe festival so could not book but was advised to arrive before 7pm to avoid a long wait. We got there at about 6.30 and queued for about 15 mins. Service was fast and staff efficient and polite. The food was delicious, my boyfriend ordered the sea bass which literally melted in the mouth. I had the scallops which were massive and very tasty too. Best of all was the price - mains were no more than about £10 - 20 and starters about less than £10. Very good value for the portions and type of food on offer. If I go to Edinburgh again will certainly revisit this restaurant.

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great fun, good value if you stick with the mussels. Often a bit difficult for families, and the service can be a bit distracted, but the seafood is second-to-none!

• Visited August 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not enough mussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'd heard there is a shortage of mussels at the moment, so I shouldn't have been disappointed when I was told that the pots of mussels were not available. So, I had a bowl of mussels (approx 18, although most of them were very small) in a sauce with some leeks, plus a bowl of chips, plus bread and butter, and a small (125ml) glass of wine for £7.50p. It was ok, but not great. Because I wasn't getting my pot of mussels, I had a large bowl of seafood chowder, for £6.10p, for starters, and this was excellent. All told, good value for money.

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“to try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been here for a dinner, and we were a little disappointed when it was told us that many plates were not disponible. We orderd mussels and salmon, good but nothing special. I recommend if you want to eat something different than huggis and sandwiches :)