“Delicious seafood restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: The Mussel Inn Seafood Restaurant in Edinburgh is firmly established as one of the city’s most popular restaurants. Located on Rose Street just off Princes Street right in the heart of the buzzing city centre, we are a favourite choice of locals, tourists and business people alike.Mouth-watering, fresh seafood dishes created with top quality ingredients such as mussels, scallops and oysters sourced from Scottish waters, and prepared to the highest standards by our chefs is guaranteed with every visit.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were warned that place is always busy and from the great food I can see why. We went during the fringe festival so could not book but was advised to arrive before 7pm to avoid a long wait. We got there at about 6.30 and queued for about 15 mins. Service was fast and staff efficient and polite. The food was delicious, my boyfriend ordered the sea bass which literally melted in the mouth. I had the scallops which were massive and very tasty too. Best of all was the price - mains were no more than about £10 - 20 and starters about less than £10. Very good value for the portions and type of food on offer. If I go to Edinburgh again will certainly revisit this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Mussel Inn

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great fun, good value if you stick with the mussels. Often a bit difficult for families, and the service can be a bit distracted, but the seafood is second-to-none!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'd heard there is a shortage of mussels at the moment, so I shouldn't have been disappointed when I was told that the pots of mussels were not available. So, I had a bowl of mussels (approx 18, although most of them were very small) in a sauce with some leeks, plus a bowl of chips, plus bread and butter, and a small (125ml) glass of wine for £7.50p. It was ok, but not great. Because I wasn't getting my pot of mussels, I had a large bowl of seafood chowder, for £6.10p, for starters, and this was excellent. All told, good value for money.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been here for a dinner, and we were a little disappointed when it was told us that many plates were not disponible. We orderd mussels and salmon, good but nothing special. I recommend if you want to eat something different than huggis and sandwiches :)

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

If you ever felt the urge to enjoy a tasty, succulent and fantastic value for money seafood, then Mussel Inn restaurant in Edinburgh is ideal. The place was packed with clientele, which is always a good sign for good food. Service was excellent and the meal choice was very comprehensive. The speciality of the day was pan fried hake and it blew my mind. Highly recommend this place.