“Macaroons ”

Ranked #8 of 68 Dessert in Edinburgh
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Best macaroons ever!!! Tried many in the states and these by far are the best. Got some take away for later.

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here on our last day after the mrs had drooled at there cakes in the window every time we passed it.
Lovely hot coffee, awesome cakes and pastries and a very warm welcome with prompt service; even welcomed us in French which made it for me. We sat in the window seat and watched the world pass by. Glad we stopped here and would recommend popping in.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

From the moment you step through the door, and hear the cheery 'bonjour' coming at you from behind the counter, you know you are in safe hands. This is a gorgeous little cafe, with exquisite patisserie products. I have nothing but praise. The Madeleine I had with my breakfast cafe au lait was wonderful, as were the macaroons I bought to share with colleagues at work. Coffee was very good indeed. Congratulations to the team who make this place what it is, it brightened my day.

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous little cafe/bistro. Was just delicious. We had breakfast/lunch and it couldn't be faulted. I hope we go again before our trip is finished.

Reviewed January 18, 2017

Interesting to read mixed reviews. We went only once and loved it, but our friends had also been the day before and made a return visit with us.
We found staff to be welcoming and friendly and food very good. I had toast with spinach, scrambled eggs and bacon (chopped lardons) - all excellent. The men had the special of, essentially, a ham and cheese croissant. We had a variety of coffees and decaf tea. Then, we were unable to resist a second course of pastries (well it was Sunday brunch) and coffees.
I wasn't responsible for the bill (my birthday!) but I got the impression that it wasn't cheap. But, hey, you're in Harry Potter's Diagon Alley (apparently the inspiration for the famous shopping street) in a major tourist city, so you're paying for the location (a bit like drinking in St Mark's square in Venice or near the Eiffel Tower).
If I lived in Edinburgh I'd be tempted to go every weekend.