“Excellent - as always!”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: It’s not everyday that you stumble across a pub hosting daily live monster shows. As daylight fades and the twilight hour approaches, this famed Edinburgh venue’s spooky spectacle combines lights, music, sound effects and an animatronic Frankenstein monster, which descends slowly from the ceiling. There’s truly nothing like it in town. There’s plenty more going on away from the dramatic entertainment, too. It’s a great spot for food, with the freshest produce used for everything from the must try haggis fritters to a range of delicious saucy wings and indulgent burgers. Classic cocktails are a steal at £6.95, slashed to just £3.95 all day if you’re visiting between Monday and Wednesday. Frankenstein is also a raucous party spot. Come at the weekend to find the tables swept away and live DJs dropping the party hits until late, and the pub hosts Edinburgh’s biggest karaoke night on Sundays running from 8pm until the early hours. Frankenstein Bier Keller a perfect venue for holding large groups, private hire events and functions. It follows an Oktoberfest theme with long wooden tables, steins of premium beer and a German themed menu to match! There are a wide range of package deals available to make sure that your group receives the true Frankenstein experience!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My Dad & I come to Frankenstein's whenever we are in the city, and this trip was no exception. We've been coming here for 13 years this Autumn and it's one of the (rare) places my dad has never had a single complaint!

Service was friendly, as always, and waitresses seemed happy to be of help. I had the carbonara (it was THE best carbonara I've had) and Dad had haggis, neeps and tatties. The swede (which I tasted) was lovely!

We had banoffee pie sundae for dessert and it was excellent !

Thank you a lovely meal, once again Frankenstein's!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Edinburgh this weekend (21st July) for my best friends' stag do and the staff at Frankensteins were great, very helpful, had fun with the group and generally made us feel welcome. The food was great and atmosphere was really friendly and fun. We all had a great start to our evening at Frankensteins and special thanks to Robin for doing a great job with a group of stags :)

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went here as part of a hen do package. We looked at the menu before going and decided not to expect much (very uninspiring!) However I opted for stuffed jalapenos and a burger and it was lovely. Others, to their delight, had the mac and cheese and enjoyed it. The atmosphere is strange as it is very dark but with a big party of us it was perfect. It's not somewhere I would go for a romantic meal or a foodie evening but don't knock it if all you're after is a bite to eat.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

What can I say , Frankensteins is a really nice place To go for a drink or 2 , staff really helpful , and the place is lovely and clean , we didn't sample the food , we just wanted to get in from the cold lol and a few birthday drinks . They do some nice cocktails although a little expensive . Would we go again yes

Reviewed May 31, 2013

it was okay, not what I was expecting. pub was dirty and our shoes were sticking to the ground and this was before it got busy.