“Amazing food, restaurant, staff and chef. Not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dubh Prais

Dubh Prais
Ranked #25 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Old Town
Bantry, Ireland
“Amazing food, restaurant, staff and chef. Not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you only eat out one night in Edinburgh this is the place. Myself and my son ate here on our last night in Edinburgh. I'd promised him steak and he was not disappointed. I don't understand how anyone could give this restaurant a bad review. Although the sign said fully booked on the little white door I chanced my arm and went down and asked if there was a table for two and luckily for us they said yes. The service was impeccable. The food was unbelievable. Cooked to perfection. I almost regretted ordering a glass of wine as it was taking away from the taste of the food. I had medallions of beef in a red port sauce with roasted potatoes and vegetables and my son had the Aberdeen angus steak in a whiskey and mustard sauce. Then we both had the chocolate mousse for desert. Oh my god, how does he do it.
The restaurant is very small and intimate and you can easily miss the unassuming entrance so I would say we were very lucky to get a table without booking. I don't think I've ever shaken a chefs hand with such sincerity as we left a restaurant. To date that has to be the best meal I've ever had. Thank you all at Dubh Prais for an unforgettable culinary experience. I will definitely be returning if I come back to Edinburgh.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
“Salmon melted in my mouth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying WOW!!! This place doesn't look like much, but the flavors of the food were harmonious and the plating well presented. If one has the opportunity to eat here while visiting Edinburgh, you in for a delight.

1 Thank Stacey M
Derby, United Kingdom
“Mmmm so tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Traditional Scottish food, locally sourced, the staff were exceptionally knowledgable about everything on the menu. The best Haggis ever. Would go back again and again and again.

Visited February 2014
Harpenden, Hertfordshire
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went here for our wedding annivesary on the advice of comments here. Wasn't disappointed. It maybe on the the Royal Mile so you may think it would be touristy and costly.Couldn't be further from the truth. It really is a gem, food is excellent and staff were so friendly. Will return when we go back to Edinburgh. One tip it is best to book and it is small and we saw numerous people sadly turned away.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Time4aHoliday
Wisconsin
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Unique preparations without being crazy. Friendly, efficient staff. Small and cozy. Reasonable prices.

Visited July 2014