“a mixed experience”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“a mixed experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here October 2,2013, and were somewhat disappointed after the very positive reviews. I had the lemon sole with Orkney cheese sauce, which was nicely presented and pleasant; I liked the side dish of mixed, fresh vegetables, including filet beans, which was generous in portion and nicely cooked. My husband had the evening special of beef collops, which was just average, both in terms of the sauce and the meat. While the service was good, the ambience of the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. It is essentially a crowded basement room with a very casually dressed-most in blue jeans-clientele.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
“Spot on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This intimate restaurant provides a welcome escape from the larger Edinburgh establishments. With friendly waiting staff who are extremely attentive the service was second to none. The menu is small but clearly well designed, focusing only on specialities. Every mouthful of the food served was mouth-wateringly delicious. I have recommended this restaurant to everybody I've met and hope they will book in time to get a table.
Meeting the owner/head chef in the kitchen was a really nice touch and incredible that in such a small kitchen he can produce such masterpieces!

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia
“Wonderful Scottish dinner, the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I picked this restaurant for my birthday dinner, wanting to have a real Scottish meal on that occasion, and was not disappointed! The haggis appetizer was great (my husband's prediction that I would die from it was happily not confirmed) and the venison was exceptional. The service was perfect and the wines excellent-- I could not have been more pleased. The atmosphere is charming, quiet and intimate. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Worthing, United Kingdom
“If want to eat out only once in Edinburgh this is the place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Without doubt this is one of the best meals we have eaten anywhere in the world. A fantastic and charming little restaurant on the Royal mile. Its windowless and small but with no sense of being of being packed in. There was good room between the tables.

The food was absolutely amazing and of the highest quality. Every dish was a real treat and will live on in our memories for many a year. There were four us for the visit with everyone feeling that they had just had an amazing meal.

The staff were superb and attentive as well as very knowledgeable about each of the dishes.

This really is a gem of a restaurant. If only we lived closer! Its not cheap but is excellent value for the quality of food you get. if you get a chance do go there. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jerry L
London, United Kingdom
“Great Little Place! A must during a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited during the Edinburgh Festival this year. We went based on the reviews and cuisine. I made a booking by leaving a message, and the owner/chef made sure he confirmed the booking with me. This was a nice touch, and I thought showed the right care and attention that everyone wanted to ensure that the experience would be good.

The meal itself was impeccable. We ate every bite of our three courses. And enjoyed them all very much.

The little restaurant was very busy that night; but the service was great and just the right amount of attentive. The chef even spoke to us as we left.

All in all the food, service and experience was one of the best I have had in a long time. And we will definitely be booking every time we visit Edinburgh.

• Visited August 2013