“Intimate”

Neighborhood: Old Town
edinburgh
“Intimate”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband love this little restaurant. the food is amazing, staff are very welcoming.the butterscotch pudding has the thumbs up from me.lol

1 Thank kerry32edinburgh

• Korean first
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Make sure you take time to visit this resturant. Read the reviews on tripadvisor and decided to book. What a great find lovley staff and the food was out of this world. Sauces so good they should be bottled. Great value for money worth every penny

1 Thank Posypostle
Edinburgh
“This is a great place, the reviews are true !!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat with clients this week in Edinburgh and of course I consulted Tripadvisor and this restaurant came in at number one.

We did not have a reservation but we were lucky enough to get a table.

The venue was great, the food and wine could not be faulted and the staff were great.

There was nothing about this place that was negative and a great place to entertain guests demonstrating with the best of scottish fare.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank EdinburghColin
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but pricey”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Edinburgh for my daughers 16th birthday. I decided to visit Dubh Prais after checking out the reviews on Trip Advisor. Location was excellent for us as we were staying at the Carlton on North Bridge so this was just around the corner. The exterior and entrance are a little underwhelming as is the restaurant itself which could probably do with a freshen up. I was surprised how small it was and only has around 7 or 8 tables a tiny corner bar area and a equally small kitchen. The waitress was very friendly and attentive as she explained the specials and took our drinks order. The food selection was quite small but we opted for the garlic mushroom and the meat selection to start and fillet of beef with a mustard sauce for main. Both were delicious and the quality of ingredients was apparant. We did not have a dessert as we were both full. The total for 2 starters and mains along with 2 soft drinks was £76 (including service charge) The food was lovely and I could not fault anything but I did feel it was pricey. Nice for a treat or if money is no object but not sure if I would rate it Trip Advisors number 1 restaurant in Edinburgh.

• Visited March 2013
8 Thank Donna F
Devon
“Good food, bad price... expected more!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were really excited to get a table here after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor for Valentines Day. However, this is the one time that I have been ill-advised!

The decor was poor and outdated, it's just a small basement and very underwhelming. The loos are right next to the tables too, minor point, and the tables are small, there was no atmosphere.

Good points - the haggis starter was lovely, we enjoyed it. No problem with the food itself.

However, it's just the price - value for money is very poor. The mains were very expensive £25 ish, and just 'good'. The water came by bottle and this was £4-5 - very unreasonable. We left feeling a bit cheated, especially after paying the not-so-optional tip (the room is so small it would cause a scene if you mentioned it!)

Would not go back and would not recommend - for that kind of money I would expect a lot more.

• Visited February 2013