“Delicious Portuguese egg tarts”
Review of Casa Amiga Leith

Casa Amiga Leith
Ranked #2 of 37 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casa Amiga is a Portuguese Bakery and coffee bar, famous for the classic portuguese custard tart and outstanding coffee with incredible history dating back the 1841 , currently serving Carraro coffee beans and a famous portuguese coffee bean dating back 53 years Delta
Reviewed March 28, 2016

We found this recommendation on TA while driving into Edinburgh from Berwick-upon-Tweed, and decided it would be great for a quick coffee and snack before we head to the airport. What a delightful little cafe! We ordered a selection of savoury brioches and breads, including egg tarts for everyone. The tarts are wonderfully flaky and creamy. We will stop by Casa Amiga again the next time we pass through Edinburgh.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

Perfect for breakfast or a snack. Excellent Portuguese sweet and savoury. Lovely atmosphere. Sit upstairs on a sunny day as extra seating downstairs is dark .,. But fine if miserable outside. Absolute pleasure of a place!

1  Thank AndreaMcPherson
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Without doubt this is the best little coffee shop on Leith Walk. Freshly baked bread and pastries and the best Portuguese custard tarts in Edinburgh. Only problem unfortunately is one is never enough. Go try it for yourself.

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Visited Casa Amiga recently with my wife and enjoyed a hot brioche roll as well as Natas and delicious coffees, this was just a fleeting visit but I'll certainly return, I think it would be a nice place to share a nice bottle of Portugese wine or a Sagres or two.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

We visited Casa Amiga based on the excellent TA reviews. It was late morning with around 10 or so other people seated. My wife had the bean soup, which was just okay, nothing special, a little insipid although the accompanying fresh bread was excellent. Having asked if the Hot Chocolate was of the good, strong Southern European variety I was disappointed to get a very weak Hot Chocolate but on pointing this out they immediately made me a fresh, much stronger one so ten out of ten for service! My Mum said that the Latte was excellent and I also enjoyed a couple of pastries, although the coconut vanilla slice was dryer than I had expected; I should have gone for the vanilla slice or custard filled doughnut! Their prices are very reasonable and I would definitely visit again and try something else from their fairly extensive range.