“lovely autumn break in excellently located...”
other travelers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Hallways
Hallways
Street
Street
This is the view of Edinburgh Castle from every window.
The view from every window.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
Pauline T
“lovely autumn break in excellently located apartment”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

With a view of Edinburgh castle from front door and living room we had an extremely comfortable and enjoyable Autumn break in Castleside apartment.The apartment itself is large and very well equipped with a very comfortable mattress on which we slept soundly after long days exploring the many tourist attractions in Edinburgh. The location was perfect, a short walk to many pubs, cafes and restaurants. The local Sainsburys was a mere 5 min walk away. Would recommend to anyone visiting Edinburgh. Our host Richard was very accommodating thanks again Richard.

Management Response
Oct 16, 2017
Hi Pauline,
Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return sometime in the near future.

Kind Regards

Richard
John V
Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Apartment was all that was expected and hoped for. Spacious especially the Bedroom. Spotlessly clean. Stocked with everything needed, Milk Sugar Coffee and Shortbread snack. All linen,towels etc supplied. Secure complex, shortterm parking outside to allow for luggage dropoff. Location is brilliant, walk to the Castle and Royal Mile in 10 minutes. Many food and beverage outlets close by. You wont be cold here, total of 7 heaters in the Apartment. Would 100% recommend unless you are mobility challenged as there are around 20 steps.

Cynthia L
“Everything we needed for our Edinburgh holiday!”
Reviewed July 24, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

The location was convenient to restaurants, pubs, groceries, shopping and attractions. Stunning view of Edinburgh Castle. The apartment was bigger than it looked in the pictures- more than enough room for the 2 of us. The kitchen had everything we needed for our stay and Richard and Joanne kindly provided us with milk, coffee and tea. The bedroom was roomy and comfortable-no complaints about the bed-and there was plenty of storage for our clothes. The bathroom is good-size and clean. This was everything we needed for our week in Edinburgh!

Your age range 50-64
froggie30...
Winter Haven, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

excellent location, comfortable, and warm on those cold rainy days. Our stay here could not have been better. Richard is quick to respond and so very helpful. I will surely stay here again.

Holidayor...
Essex, Uk
“Couldn't be better positioned”
Reviewed June 11, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This tidy flat is right at the base of the castle and 2 min walk from Grassmarket with all its pubs and restaurants. The owners were very attentive in responding to any queries and tea, coffee and milk available on our arrival. I suppose the best recommendation I could give would be that we will stay there again should we return to Edinburgh.

JDC163
Columbia Heights, Minnesota
“Excellent Apartment even after a bizarre arrival!”
Reviewed April 30, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This was an excellent apartment despite our bizarre arrival. When we checked in I noticed about an inch of water on the floor in the kitchen to our right. Water was still coming out of the walls (yes, it's true!). We (my wife, Barbara and I) called Richard who we booked from and left a message. Then we called Joanne his wife. She told us to knock on the door of the apartment above us. I wasn't brave enough to do that, having just arrive from Minnesota via 9 days in Ireland. But Barb was. She ran outside, up the terrace and knocked on the door. A childlike voice, yelled out, "Help me, help me. I'm locked in the bathroom and can't get out. If you can hear me, help me!" We called Joanne back. She immediately called the Edinburgh Police. Being a gated community I waited outside and in about 15 minutes the police arrived. I briefed them on the situation and Officer Tom Klein told me to wait in our apartment and he would tell us the outcome. Well, as you might imagine, Barb was in a panic as was I. We thought all kinds of things. Officer Klein soon explained the outcome. While he did, Richard also arrived and seemed in the same state as us. A slender, Indian (Hindu) woman in the apartment above, got up early, showered and apparently locked herself in the bathroom. Not able to escape, she plugged the drains and left the water running hoping someone would come and saver her! She was correct. Along came John and Barb from Minnesota.
To note, Officer Klein was outstanding. He was a young gentleman and was great about giving tips on where to go and what to do in Edinburgh. If every cop in the world was like him the world would be a better place! I am disappointed I forgot to take his picture!
Meanwhile, Richard looked at me and shook his hand with a smile as did I. He had e-mailed me saying "If there's anything you need don't hesitate to call." And we did!
I have to say that Richard and Joanne were excellent. They responded immediately and were extremely helpful. Joanne offered a discount, but Barb, the brave wife, said that we we're just happy no one was hurt and no child was in danger. Richard offered to clean up the mess and told us to go out and have some dinner. It had been a long day for us, driving over 2 hours to get to the Dublin airport and getting rid of that car we had, never mind walking on the tarmac in Dublin to fly into Edinburgh on a prop-job plane!
Now, actually about the flat. It's very spacious for two people. It's in an excellent location near the Grass Market and also close to a supermarket, which we needed. And close to the great Castle there!
We felt safe and near everything we needed and we would definitely stay there again. In fact, we we're sad that we didn't have more time to spend in Edinburgh, a city we liked much more than we expected. We hope Richard and Joanne would have us back again!
I have to say Barb and I commend them for responding so quickly and looking after things. Richard and Joanne left us a good bottle of wine and some excellent chocolates. It was really a bizarre event and gives a great story to tell.
We also got a short police report from Officer Klein which I might frame!

Management Response
May 8, 2017
Glad the bizarre arrival didn't spoil your stay.
It was certainly one of the most eventful guest arrivals we have had in nearly 10 years of holiday lettings at Castleside Apartment.
Luckily there has been no lasting damage and you and Barbara are more than welcome back anytime.
Thank you so much for being so understanding and dealing with the unfolding situation so well and with such good humour.
Richard and Joanne
A TripAdvisor Member
“Superb location made for a fantastic stay!”
Reviewed April 8, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The location is perfect as others have said, a stones throw from the Grassmarket which is one of the best places in Edinburgh for traditional food, and fantastic views of the castle! The castle, royal mile, museum, station etc. are all within walking distance too.

The apartment is very well equipped and the owners are friendly and helpful, all in all making for an extremely pleasant stay and I would recommend this apartment to anyone thinking of visiting Edinburgh.

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing