“This is where thelocals eat!”
Review of Bar Napoli

Bar Napoli
Ranked #445 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place was packed with locals, which always say a lot. Excellent menu with loads of choices, good food and atmosphere. Service could improve, we had to wait for quite some time, but in spite of this, I will recommend this place.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been visiting Bar Napoli for 20 years now. Family friendly, city centre restaurant serving marvellous, reasonably priced tasty food. Attentive staff and an authentic Italian ambience. Love it!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate at Bar Napoli a year ago in the middle of the festive rush, and enjoyed it so much decided to go again this year when on our annual trip to Edinburgh and were not disappointed.
It was a Saturday night and the place was full to bursting but we still had excellent service from a lovely waitress. The food was excellent value for money and the wine not hugely overpriced.
Dropped a star because of a bit of a shortage of vegetables with the main course and a bit of a wait for our booked table, but that apart, excellent.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were visiting Edinburgh for some shopping and to see the Christmas markets and decided to try this for a light lunch before it got too busy. What a poor choice and such a disappointing start to our visit.The service was not especially welcoming and the food bland and tasteless - it's the first time we both left our meals! I think we both expected much higher standards for Edinburgh, yet it seemed to be quite popular. I can only imagine this is because the city was packed.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on the 23rd of November 2012 for a birthday meal and straight away me and my fiancée loved it. My fiancée has been before with friends and loved it then as well.

Looking at the menu and the decor you completely forget where you are. Very rustic food such as breads, oils, olives etc. and the Italian beers were beautiful.

I had the fillet steak and my fiancée had the sirloin steak with cracked black pepper that came with a tomato sauce which was absolutely beautiful.

I am not for any means calling any of these other reviews false or exaggerated etc as they were from a few years ago, and if this restaurant was like that a few years ago then the owner deserves some sort of award for turning everything around.

Looking around everyone was laughing and having an amazing time. Will definitely be going back again.

Then the embarrassing part started, out came the cake. All the waiters and the diners were singing and clapping their hands. All the table staff sung Happy Birthday and stood around the table.

Excellent service, beautiful food, beautiful place to be.

Will definitely be remembered.