My boyfriend and I chose Novotel during a last-minute trip to Edinburgh, where most of the hotels in the city center were booked. We were concerned about the distance away from the main area of town, but it turned out to be no problem at all. The train station is a 2-3 min walk from the hotel and trains run directly to Edinburgh center every 20 min. or so. The hotel was by far the most stylish and luxurious that we stayed in during our 2-week trip, yet fit into our modest price range (around $130 USD/night). The staff was accommodating and we enjoyed a great breakfast buffet for about 12 euros apiece.
The only trouble we had at all was that our cab driver had difficulty finding the hotel when we arrived (apparently there was recent road construction/changes). I'd recommend taking the train to avoid this, as it's a cheaper and quicker alternative to taxi or car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland