We stayed here for three nights a couple of weekends ago, when we drove up to Edinburgh for the Scotland v Wales game. We chose the hotel because it has a big, free car park and is just outside the city itself, so no hassle with driving through the centre.
The location might seem a little off-putting for some, as it is on a retail park close to a Tesco, Decathlon, Mothercare, KFC and Krispy Creme donut shop (which was busy 24/7 - we have never seem anything like it!) but it is also a 2 minute walk to Edinburgh Park train station, which has trains into Waverley station (also stopping at Haymarket) every 10 minutes during the day, at a cost of next-to-nothing. The train only takes about 15 minutes too.
The first thing we noticed when we walked into reception was a distinct smell of chlorine, which we later discovered must have wafted up from the pool and gum area in the basement. Our double room was on the 4th floor, overlooking KFC and the Krispy Kreme donut drive throughs, so not the best of views but it was modern, spotlessly clean and very spacious. The bathroom too - whilst there was no bath - has a great shower and is nice and spacious.
As we got there quite late on the Thursday evening we thought we would eat at the hotel, until we had a look at the limited menu (and the prices!!). So instead, we went for a stroll round the area and found a Premier Inn with a restaurant just on the other side of the station where we ate well and had a couple of drinks for half of the price we would have paid at the Novotel.
Breakfast in this hotel is great - they have almost everything you could want and also do great porridge on request. On none of the 3 mornings we were there, when the hotel was very busy, did we have have to wait for a table or queue for long for the hot buffet.
All in all, we thought this hotel was great as it suited our needs perfectly and if we were to drive up to Edinburgh again we would happily stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland