I stayed for one week here from the 5th November. The hotel is sited out of town, but not far.
There are regular trains into Edinburgh from the Edinburgh Park train station, just moments away. The train journey cost £2.90 return and took just 10 minutes, meaning that you could easily go into Edinburgh for the day or for dinner without massive inconvenience.
The hotel staff are extremely professional, helpful and friendly. Check in was a breeze and they made me aware of the facilities of the hotel. My room, on the third floor was very spacious with views towards Edinburgh. I could actually see the castle from there.
The room offered a large bed, two seater couch, bedside tables plus an ingenious desk which allowed the desk top to swing out to create a table or sorts. There was a wall mounted flat screen television with a range of satellite channels and radio, plus mini bar (this was expensive- £1.30 for a Mars bar), tea and coffee making facilities with tea, coffee and hot chocolate (although the hot chocolate wasn't topped up throughout my stay- wonder if you just get one sachet for the stay??) Ample wardrobe space, iron and spare pillows. The bathroom offered an enormous shower, lots of mirrors, storage space and complimentary toiletries.
The restaurant offered a wide variety of meals- I opted for the house burger which was delicious and good value. The restaurant staff were very friendly too.
I had room serviced breakfast each morning- fresh fruit salads, prunes, yoghurt and on one morning porridge. All brought up with a smile and freshly prepared.
I found it odd however that they would include a cruet set and tomato sauce and mayonnaise on the tray set up- a strange addition for fruit and yoghurt?
One negative point was the overwhelming stench of chlorine in the reception area. It was so strong, and not nice when you're sat down eating in the restaurant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland