Three of us stayed in a three bedroomed apartment just round the corner from the course location we were attending. It was convenient for that, for the Commonwealth Pool, for various good restaurants in the vicinity and a 15-20 minute walk into town.
On the whole the apartment was functional and excellent value. The beds are a bit lumpy (you could feel the springs and some were squeaky) and the walls & rooms were fairly spartan but adequate for our needs. The one downside was that there's only one loo and the shower was pretty hopeless (either scaldingly hot or freezing and not much in the way of pressure). But don't let that put you off, nor the noise from the street (drunks fighting was a regular occurrence late at night and bin lorries congregating in the early hours) - that's to be expected in a busy thriving area of the city. It was clean and roomy and the staff were helpful. I'd happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choice of: 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Apartments/Garden Apartments. Building was originally used as a Casino! All newly & beautifully refurbished to a high standard Inc: Plasma screens / Wi Fi etc. Still have many original features - Ornate plaster work, high ceilings, large windows and wooden floors. Large rooms, very light and airy. Awarded 4* Grading by VisitScotland. Close to: the Meadows/Holyrood Park, Arthurs seat, the University and Edinburgh's Commonwealth Pool. All rates INC : Tea/Coffee/Milk. 5 Mins walk from Supermarket. 7 Mins walk to Royal Mile. 12 Mins walk to Princes St. On great bus route to all over the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southside Superior Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments Scotland