We spent four nights at the Albyn Townhouse and couldn’t have been more pleased. Lydie (pronounced “Leedy”) placed us in Room 8 on the third floor where we had a panoramic view of the city and the Firth of Forth in the distance. We could crane our necks a bit and get a view of the Castle and the Tattoo fireworks at night. Our room was clean but small by American standards (we stored our suitcases under the bed). The en suite bathroom had limited space for all my wife’s cosmetics, etc. The raised glass shower stall might be difficult to manage for some. As is common in Europe, no washcloths were supplied. Daily maid service was provided. Our free Wi-Fi signal was strong.
One of the best features is their extensive breakfast menu – nearly like a short-order restaurant! Not a buffet either, it’s served off a menu by Lydie’s efficient staff. Try the haggis, just to say you did.
Another plus is the close proximity to neighborhood restaurants and the public bus system. Both are within an easy 10-minute walk. Before we learned of the bus routes we walked into town. It took us an hour at a pretty good clip to get to Waverly Station for our hop on/off bus tour. It’s about a 10- minute bus ride to the Royal Mile.
Lydie makes a prefect hostess – she even helped us lug our bags up the three flights of stairs! Perhaps even more impressive was the assistance she gave us in securing emergency medical care even before our arrival. After we called ahead from the airport at home, Lydie helped us obtain treatment on the weekend for my wife’s injured eye. (BTW, we were impressed with the National Health Service.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely Victorian townhouse 20 min walk to Old Town & all attractions. All en-suite quiet rooms, freeview TVs, Wifi, Visit Scotland Taste Our Best Award winning breakfasts also for veggies and vegans, lots of homemade goodies! Private parking £5.00 Per night. On parle Francais! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albyn Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albyn Townhouse Hotel Edinburgh
- Albyn Townhouse Edinburgh, Scotland