“well looked after”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #34 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2013

my brother and I stayed two nights while visiting relations in and around Edinburgh.The room was cosy and very clean the only fault being we ordered a twin room and received a double.The buffet breakfast was delicious plenty choice.Ted and Dot excellent hosts.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed for three nights early september, could not fault the accommodation, food or service, this is a quality run hotel and knowone would be disappointed staying here. There is a bus stop just outside , the bus service is great you never need to use your car to get into edinburgh.we will definitely recomend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recently stayed at The Aaron Lodge and found it warm, clean, and friendly. The owners Ted and Dot were very helpful and attentive. It is on the outskirts of town but the bus stop is just a few steps away so it is ultimately convenient. The dinner I had was outstanding . I have really no complaints other than one has to go downstairs to use the internet as it for some reason doesn't work in the room. I would however stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

1) good food. Note top of my list
2) clean tidy rooms and very nice decor
3) genuine people that own the hotel ,made to feel very welcome
We stayed for a few days as we were up there watching the tattoo , we will defiantly stay there again an look forward to going back soon
It's not the Hilton but a good compromise

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed for two nights with my daughter while finding University accommodation for her. The room was clean and well furnished, just like a much more expensive hotel. The only niggles were that the wireless internet did not work reliably in our room - I had to sit outside on the landing to use it, which was not a problem on this trip but would have been on a business trip. Also we did not know when booking that the restaurant would be closed due to staff holidays in the evenings during our stay; again not a problem to us but possibly to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon arrival I noticed the car park is very tight and small. No signs for reception but luckily the gentleman pulling up weeds pointed me in the right direction. I was told there would be no restaurant facilities as the chef was on holiday. ( huh?) but there are takeaways close by. Breakfast is available from 7:30am. Not much good when I need to be at work by 8am. So I decided to sit in my room and watch tv, which being mounted so high required laying on the floor. Thankfully this is for one night only whilst I work at the Royal Infirmary. Costing me £90 per night I will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank viamphie
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My partner and I recently booked into the Aaron Logde whilst visiting Edinburgh for the festival. I am so glad that we decided to stay here rather than the impersonal bigger hotels. The rooms, which are all ensuite, were gorgeous and extremely clean. The food served in the lovely romaticly decorated conservatory was fantastic, my partner said it was one of the best steaks he'd had and the lamb melted in my mouth. To top off the stay we were made to feel so welcome, unfortunately we didnt get to meet Ted & Dot mentioned in the others reviews, but we dealt with their daughter Sharon who was extremly friendly, polite and helpful - she obviously takes after her parents when it comes to service. We were given directions into town recommendations of places to eat and drink and basically made to feel like we were staying with friends. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple