“2nd Visit to Aaron Lodge & many more to come”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #39 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is the second time we have been to Aaron Lodge and we can not speak highly enough of the place. Its a real treat!!

The warm welcome you get the moment you arrive (regardless of the time of day or in my case night) is always nice to recieve. Dot and Ted welcome you with open arms and always have the time to talk to you, find out your plans for the stay and always offer great advise on where to go and what to do.

Weve stayed in 2 different rooms now and both have been perfect, large in size, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, massive 6ft wide bed, flat screen TV, free Wifi, beautiful bathrooms.

Aaron Lodge is not far from city centre but id highly recommend catching the bus as on both visits we have been lumbered with the huge parking costs in the city - approx £24 for the day. The next time we come we will definatly catch the bus in and out and make the most of some lunch time wine.

Breakfast is a buffet. Very nice. Hot and cold food. Service is lovely.

I honestly can not find a fault with this place. I'm normally a nightmare to please when travelling about as nothing ever compares to home comforts but Aaron Lodge ticks all my boxes. I really cant wait to go again in the summer!

Yet again thank you very much Ted and Dot!

See you both soon

Claire, Will & Grace xx

Room Tip: Stayed in 6 & 7 - both lovely
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have just back from my trip to Edinburgh and I am still completely amazed by this lodge owners' hospitality. The amenities are really good for this type of accommodation. The buffet breakfast was always tasty. Everything is clean and well-tailored for both solo travelers and families.

Room Tip: At the time I booked my room I was unsure if the location is OK as on the map is looked quite far fr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home from a 3 night stay at Aaron Lodge. We were greeted upon our arrival by a very friendly Ted (the owner) who showed us around, told us everything we needed to know and led us to our room. The room was spacious, well decorated and VERY clean. The bed was (for want of a better word) HUGE! Following advice from Ted we caught the bus into the city. As he had told us, they passed the lodge around every 10 minutes (indeed we never waited longer than that for a return bus either!). Breakfast was a buffet-style and had a good selection of cold as well as hot food and service of tea/coffee and toast was speedy. We had a lovely relaxing stay - there is an atmosphere of 'nothing is too much trouble' - Dot and Ted are clearly very proud of their Lodge (and rightly so).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here in January 2013 while husband in hospital everything was perfect room food Great hosts Very good value for money dinner was delicious Would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Edinburgh

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I arrived at Aaron Lodge on a snowy evening. I had chosen this hotel due to location. The owner greeted me and showed me straight to my room. I had booked a single and was given a very large double. The bed was at least kingsize if not superking. Clean and tidy. I didn't eat there in the evening as it was a Monday and the restaurant is closed on a Monday. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. The owners have obviously got a good system going!
The crowning glory to my stay here was the helpfulness of the owners. The night I arrived, I asked how long it would take to walk to the hospital as my business was near there. As I settled my bill, the owner insisted on driving me to my destination.
Should my business take me to this area of Edinburgh again, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Aaron lodge. Could not fault it. Great hosts, made you feel very welcome. Stayed at the the restaurant for dinner which was delicious! Very good value for money. Don't hesitate to book!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Well booked a one night stay for Myself and partner on the 16th of march and couldn't ask for a better service dot and terry were very welcoming very clean comfy beds superb food hot and cooked to perfection will definitely go again and would recommend to anyone who is planning a trip to Edinburgh bus stop right out side buses every ten minutes to town what more could you ask for thanks

• Stayed: March 2013