“"You know when you have selected the right spot"”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #30 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“"You know when you have selected the right spot"”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed B&B 26th Jan 2013 what can you say, greeted when we arrived and chaparoned by "Ted"
to our room. Have to say it's got to be the cleanest most comfortable hotel that we have stayed in
for many years, the overall impression is of a couple (Ted &Dot ) making this brilliant place appear as if it requires very little effort to run when you know the opposite must be true.

In previous posts the comments about the rooms, breakfast, decor all correct and some. If your looking for the high end of overnight accommodation or longer you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and the girlfriend stayed for the weekend there was no falts at all. The bedroom was nice, clean and tidy best bit was the big bed and the shower.the Staff was friendly and the breakfast was nice don't sleep in as you will miss it :) thinking about booking up again in the next few months. Thanks again Chris and Lauren from newcastle.

• Stayed January 2013
Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

i stayed at this hotel during december and i wrote a review about it that i cant find so here i go again,i spent a wonderful time in the city centre which was 10 mins from thehotel,we had a great time doing all the christmas things and was trying to book a meal but due to the party season being in full swing it was impossible to get in to any place so we decided to eat at the conservatort rest !! part of the hotel,what a surprise we had in store the food ambiance and the staff were all 5 class,i never do sweets but due to the standard of my first and second courses i just had to try one and waw was i in sweet heaven !!! well done to Ted and Dorothy the proprietors there help was very much appreciated helping us were to go and what to do during our visit,also the rooms are so nice clean and modern,
PS dont sleep in and miss the breakfast.

BILL AND JANE

Room Tip: WE WERE SHOWN TWO ROOMS AND BOTH WERE OF THE SAME TOP STANDARD, We had a room to the rear and it was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was sent to Scotland to work on a job at short notice, not even having time to sort out accommadation. When I arrived in Scotland the first thing I had to do was sort somewhere out to stay. A friend advised me to try Aaron lodge before trying anywhere else as he had stayed there and was happy to stay there again as he was very happy with the accommadation, so I did. And i'm glad I did. The rooms were so clean and comfy, the food was excellent and the owners couldn't of made me feel more welcome. I will return to Aaron lodge with my family next time we travel also if I'm working in the area again I would glady stay here again. Big thumbs up Aaron lodge.

Room Tip: While I was staying here I spoke to many couples who also stayed, everybody was more then happy wit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Colin H
oldham
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a lovely stay here, our room was modern clean and furnished beautifully, we was made to feel very welcome and would stay here again. We also ate at the Aaron lodge conservatory restaurant up the road an absolute MUST.. Thanks very much Shaun and Sam

• Stayed January 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Have stayed here several times now and keep going back. Excellent place to stay. It isn't right in the centre of Edinburgh but there is a bus stop right outside which takes you there and taxis are only a few minutes journey. Aaron Lodge is a very comfortable, homely place to stay. It is clean and has everything you need. The food is also superb! Ted and Dot are always very welcoming and accommodating. The b&b is easily accessed off the bypass. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice little b&b close to Edinburgh city centre.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went to Edinburgh with my Indonesian wife, and my friend booked us into this accommodation. 2 days before New years eve, this place cost us 80 pounds per room. It's the best value I think I've ever paid for any accommodation. A family run lodge, with the personal touch. The owner, Ted, is such a friendly and welcoming person. He likes to make you feel comfortable and is informative, as well as being a bit of a joker, bringing smiles to your face. The rooms are perfect, spacious, clean, new, and have all the best of equipment. A big screen wall mounted TV, with all the top satellite channels, goes nicely with the large and very comfortable bed. The room temperature was great, very warm and welcoming. The beautifully tiled bathroom, with superb modern lighting, is very spacious with a very powerful, temperature controlled water flow power shower. The type of shower you just don't want to leave!!! The building itself has been refurbished to a very high standard, with the biggest conservatory that I have ever seen, where the meals are served. The breakfast (which is included in the cost) is brilliant. A full Scottish breakfast, cooked perfectly with the best quality food available (none of these cheap sausages or bacon) is available, along with cereal, fresh juice selection, fruit, and yogurt among other options on offer. For me, it was the Scottish breakfast, and one of the best one's I have tried, like ever!! You must try it. Daily newspapers are available also. A small bar is also there if you like a refreshment. The decor is very modern and clean. A friendly, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere rounds it all off. Outside the lodge is a bus stop, which takes only about ten minutes to get to the main areas of the city, at a nominal cost. My friend summed up this accommodation perfectly when he said, "I like to 'moan' (complain) if things are not good, but the only complaint that I have, is that I cannot complain about anything!!!" You will not be disappointed. In fact, Edinburgh needs more of these types of accommodation. Actually, reading this review, it may look as if I have been paid to write it, or a family member. However, I'm simply one very happy customer, and you will be too. 10/10. Nae problem!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. Quiet, very comfortable, warm, quiet, and have all mod cons. Your bigg...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple